Chapter 36

Unexpectedly, CEO Joo gave Hyebin a free day off after seeing a photo of Narae, Mijoo and Hyebin together. He asked if they were acquainted to which Hyebin responded with the fact that Narae had asked her to go out on a girls day. Immediately the CEO approved of a free day for her and told Hyebin to work hard as if she was working her regular schedule as she had made a great connection that could be of use to the group.

Even though the CEO was just using her to further the groups popularity and get them some more higher paying gigs, regardless, Hyebin was thankful for that she was given a free day amidst their schedule since it was busy with promotions still. There were no stages today, so this was the only time for Hyebin. The other girls mainly had solo gigs today so Hyebin just assumed this was considered her solo gig.

Narae, Hyebin and Mijoo each met up at the broadcasting individually then caught a taxi together. Upon seeing their destination, Hyebin gasped causing Mijoo and Narae to laugh.

"It's hard to make money at the start," Narae smiled warmly. "Think of this as my treat to you. If you work hard, you can treat me back then."

"Ah, thank you so much." Hyebin's lips quivered as if she was about to cry.

"Have you ever been to a spa before?" Narae asked.

Hyebin shook her head, "I've been to a bathhouse but not this type of spa."

"Well it's similar but more premium," Narae closed her eyes as she imagined it. "The massages here are the best. All that tension... GONE! I still have dreams about my last day here, it's seriously addictive."

"Their hands have the power of a deity," Mijoo added on, causing them t giggle.

"I look forward to it," Hyebin smiled, her pearly white teeth shining brightly under the fluorescent lights of the spa lounge.

Narae went over to the desk, coming back over with three kits, handing us each our own. Hyebin followed the pair into a room, since they had been there before she followed their lead. They had brought her into a wooden room with metal lockers on one side of the room and a shower on the other.

Hyebin became flustered when Mijoo and Narae started to strip down, however, they were more knowledgeable about what to do so she followed their lead, changing into her bikini, a white robe and slippers.

"I hope the mud baths aren't full," Mijoo pouted, rushing out with Narae and Hyebin following behind.

Once inside the main area, they were advised on heading to the sauna first to relax their muscles before going for a massage. When inside, they were left alone by the previous people in there, allowing them to chit chat and gossip.

"It's so tiring," Narae moaned, leaning back against the wall and closing her eyes. "Every year I get older so that could just be the reason but sometimes it's too much. Constant group dinners, it's unstable, there is always someone prettier and funnier than you... You guys are luck that you're the latter."

"Since we're younger though, we often get stepped on by the higher ups. To gain respect, you'd have to be a huge money maker for the company." Mijoo sighed. "My group make good songs and chart well but we aren't internationally popular and our company already has been preparing a rookie group. We're expendable the moment they debut and earn popularity."

"My sunbae's all were expendable anyway. The company send them to Japan when they're failing." Hyebin decided to be honest. In such a relaxed environment, it felt better being able to talk to someone other than her members about the industry. "I can't help but feel on edge every time we release a new song. If we suddenly lose interest, that could be us on our way to Japan."

"Ah... This mood is quite-" Narae paused, standing up. "Let's go get a massage to take our minds off the stress!"

Mijoo and Hyebin happily agreed with Narae, standing up and following her out of the sauna room. The day went by smoothly and soothingly. By the time they had finished experiencing all the different types of treatments, their skin was soft but their stomach's were empty. Narae suggested that they head out for a meal before parting ways, to which they blissfully accepted.

Mijoo recommended a good restaurant nearby, which was more of a casual than formal place meaning that they could also drink alcohol... More specifically Narae, who Hyebin found out enjoyed her alcohol to the point of making her own from time to time.

"You're a gorgeous woman," Narae put her drink down, turning to Hyebin. "Do you have a boyfriend?"

"Ah-" Hyebin was flustered by Narae's sudden question, causing them to giggle as they figured she was most likely dating. "Yes."

"Damn," Mijoo huffed out with a pout. "I can't believe I'm the only single one. I feel left out."

"I'm not dating completely," Narae corrected Mijoo. "I'm having a fling with a man, we're not in an official relationship. It's more of a give and take." Narae joked. "Enough about my boring self, I want to know... Who's your boyfriend?"

"Is he handsome? A celebrity or non-celebrity?" Mijoo interrogated, the curiosity seeming to eat her alive.

"He's very handsome," Hyebin admitted, blushing as they stared at her intensely. "And he is a celebrity."

"Oh my god! Who? Do I know him?" Mijoo quizzed over-excitedly.

"I can't really say anything..." Hyebin replied, making them both whine.

"We won't say anything," Narae begged. "Please just this once! We'll be your eyes and ears, make sure he's loyal."

"I trust him," Hyebin smiled. "And he trusts me. If the opportunity ever presents itself, then I will reveal him to you in the future."

"Ah, it's okay. We'll get you drunk enough to reveal it at the end of the night." Narae teased, making them all laugh. "Since you trust him, you guys must be a pretty strong couple."

"We are," Hyebin sighed out contentedly, her lips curling into a smile.

"Young love..." Mijoo sighed, raising her drink. "I can't relate."