Chapter 14

'Good luck today! I hope your next partner is nice but he can't be as nice as me okay? 2bin forever?! :/'

'Of course Oppa, you're the best! Good luck at your meeting with YG today :3'

"Hyebin-ah!" The PD shouted over, drawing Hyebin's attention away from her phone. "We're about to start shooting."

Since Hyebin's group only had one manager, she was able to carry and use her secret phone whenever they weren't around staff from her company which was quite often since there were only one manager and six girls to be managed.

"Coming!" She called out, sliding her phone into her pocket and jogging over to a spot in front of the camera.

"Action!"

Eyes widening, Hyebin reached forward to receive the envelope that had been presented to her by the cameraman unexpectedly. "What's this?" She mumbled to herself, loud enough for the mic to capture though. Opening the envelope, Hyebin read aloud the note for the viewers to hear.

"Roses are red, Violets are blue, follow the trail I've left for you."  Turning her head to look for the trail, she let out a gasp noticing red petals nearby which trailed down a pathway. "Oh, what's this?"  She questioned nervously, following it as her eyes remained widened like a deer caught in headlights as the crew hadn't told her about anything beforehand, so her reaction was completely unscripted.

The petals lead to a black crew van, to which she looked at the crew who hid away behind the camera. "Am I being kidnapped?"  She joked, watching as they urged her to get inside the van using hand signals. "Is this for me? Okay!"  Despite being alarmed of what awaited her, she got into the van followed by a crew member and a cameraman.

Her eyes drifted out the window, watching the rest of them rush into cars and vans behind to get to the next shooting place. Thankfully this didn't seem like a kidnapping, although Hyebin was still feeling on edge.

"How do you feel?"  The crew member interrogated, seeming to have pulled a notepad out with some questions as she glanced down at her lap

"Ah, I won't lie, I'm very nervous. Everything was so unexpected and no one told me anything." Hyebin admitted, a small smile settling on her face.

"Who do you think your new partner is?"

"Uhm... I'm unsure but maybe someone who composes songs, since they wrote a note."  Hyebin guessed, her finger tracing her lower lip as she became devoured by her thoughts.

"Hmm..."  The staff member trailed off with a smirk tugging at her lips.

"Oh!" Hyebin became excited, pointing her finger at the crew member in a joking manner. "You look suspicious? Am I right?"

"I can't tell you," The crew member snickered. "I've been sworn to secrecy."

"Please..."  Hyebin pouted, doing her best puppy dog face, however, it was no use as it seemed that the crew were too loyal. Hyebin wondered what all the secrecy was about and why such a big deal was being made. Was her next partner perhaps more famous?

"We're here!"  The crew member announced as the van came to a halt, climbing out with the cameraman following so he could capture her exiting the van.

Hyebin waited momentarily for the other vans and cars to arrive with the rest of the staff before exiting so they could film everything. Climbing out, she pressed down her dress against her lower legs to prevent it from revealing her a little too much, she didn't mind though as dresses made her feel pretty. Her eyes caught on to the red petals once again, leading her up to a rooftop restaurant. It was nothing overly fancy, in fact, it was somewhat run-down but surely that was the point as the episode would lead to the restaurant becoming popular.

Roses intertwined up the walls like a vine, strangling the building slowly day by day in the prettiest way as it hid the ugly marks behind it on the wall. In a way it reminded Hyebin of love, not that she had ever been in love herself but this was how she imagined it, being wrapped in a beautiful world by love and affection which hides the deep scars and ugly marks of the past, only growing day by day with the risk of being cut at any moment.

A man came out and greeted her before escorting her to a small table for two in the corner, the sun lowering down within view, the deep orange bleeding into the scenery. Fairy lights suddenly lit up around her, making her eyes widen and light up with glee. It was all so stunning.

"Excuse me,"  A familiar deep voice rung out from behind her, placing a hand on her shoulder to draw her attention onto himself.

Hyebin's head turned to see an attractive guy with dark hair and charming feline-like eyes, which she recognised from somewhere yet she couldn't quite recall where or when.

"May I sit?" He asked, his low voice giving her butterflies in her stomach.

She couldn't get a word out so instead she nodded, still startled by his presence.

"I'm Changkyun of Monsta X,"  He introduced, tilting his head and gazing at her as though she was the moon in the bright sky, surrounded by thousands of stars yet being the only one bright enough to capture his attention.

"I'm Hyebin,"  She answered shyly, sending him a smile and holding out her hand for him to shake, instead he held onto it and stared into her eyes with so much affection, she felt like her heart was going to burst.

"You look so beautiful today,"  He complimented, making her flustered as her lips began to twitch yet no words left her mouth. Changkyun chuckled, finding her reaction adorable.

"How's your ankle?"

It was in that moment it hit her, memories of bumping into him on stage, at the cafeteria and once again making eye contact with him backstage, where he looked at her like she was a shining diamond. She felt weak under his gaze, if she was standing she was sure her knees would have given away at this very moment. What was this feeling? She had wondered to herself.

"Are you okay?"  He questioned, noticing how quiet she had been.

"Hm,"  She nodded her head, her smile becoming more and more prominent to the point her dimples were showing like never before and her eyes gazing at him in admiration. It was as if they were the only two people on the rooftop at this moment in time, even the staff could sense this as they zoomed in on both of their expressions. Unbeknownst to them, they were falling for each other without even knowing each other well enough but that didn't matter as they felt closer than ever at this moment.