Chapter 5

Three days had gone by, their schedules were filled to the brim as they spent early mornings on the way to their live stages, getting their makeup and hair done, then heading onto the stage for practice before the real deal so the camera staff could organise everything accurately.

Once the practice stage rehearsal was done, the girls headed to the cafeteria for a light lunch that wouldn't bloat them but would supply them with a sufficient amount of energy to get through their stage. The girls filed in one at a time in cute lilac dresses, some of the maturer members wearing shorts to showcase 'sex appeal', maybe a little too much judging by the largely male-based fandom they had built up over the past few days since debut.

Speaking of debut, their song had entered the charts 4 hours after debut and their live stage at 87. That may not seem like a lot but for a rookie group from a less known company, it was remarkably well. Hyebin hoped that from that moment on they would only go up and thankfully she was right as today it was ranking as high as 79, jumping 8 spots up, much like their social media account followers. They had gone from over 4000 to 8000 followers and their music video had hit 100,000 views. They wouldn't win any awards as they were competing against some big groups, however, they were succeeding in building up a fanbase for themselves that would hopefully last.

Hyebin had a radiant smile on her face as she hooked arms with Sooyeon and conversed with her whilst they waited in line to get some food to bring back for themselves and the rest of the members who sat at a table to save it for them.

Finally, when reaching the front, they had managed to acquire themselves 6 chicken salad pots and bottles of water. Sooyeon and Hyebin laughed in unison as they attempted to balance the stuff between them.

"If I was a waiter, I'd report myself and get fired." Sooyeon joked, nearly dropping a salad box. "I can balance a dance move but not a few salad pots- I'll never understand."

Hyebin snickered, juggling the water bottles as she followed along with her unnie. Unfortunately, the person behind her stepped on the back of her shoe, causing her to jolt forward, almost falling over. A bottle tumbled down to the ground, receiving stares from those around, nonetheless, they soon reverted back to what they were doing when they realised it was just some clumsy girl.

"Sorry," Hyebin apologised to the person behind her, kneeling and trying her best to pick up the fallen water bottle, despite already juggling five others in her arms.

A man swooped into view, possessing his own food in one hand and a drink in the other. He reached down beside her, their foreheads nearing as he reached over to pick up the water bottle and return it to her. Hyebin peeped up at the man, who was surprisingly yet not surprisingly handsome. Of course, he'd be handsome as she was surrounded by dozens of idols, however, this one was just handsome in both appearance and personality as he'd helped her instead of leaving her.

"Thank you," Hyebin sent him a smile, standing up and recomposing herself again.

"No problem," He chuckled in a surprisingly deep voice. "You should stop apologising for things you didn't do, I'm just glad this time you stayed long enough for me to apologise. I'm sorry for stepping on the back of your shoe and I'm sorry for bumping your shoulder."

Hyebin's eyes widened in shock as she realised, he was the guy from her debut showcase who had bumped into her. Why was he so surprising?

"How's your ankle?" He asked, the concern now seeping through his voice as he glanced down.

"Uh, it's fine." She stuttered out, her heart fluttering slightly at his gentleness towards her. "Thank you for-"

"Yah, you're not supposed to speak to men, let alone big idols!" A staff member came over and scolded her, clutching onto her shoulders roughly making her wince slightly. "I'm so sorry, she's a rookie. Please ignore her, she didn't know."

"I'd like to ignore you," The guy grumbled, his voice and demeanour shifting at the sight of the staffs rough handling of Hyebin. He seemed almost angry, Hyebin thought to herself.

He then walked away, leaving the staff member and Hyebin alone. The staff member released his grasp on her and grabbed some of the water bottles from her arm and directed her to go back to the table immediately.

"What even gave you the right to think you could talk to Monsta X? You young women are getting too bold and it's tacky." The staff member grunted, slamming the water bottles on the table harshly and wondering away.

Over the other side of the canteen, the guy stared over at the scene. His eyes never leaving Hyebin since he had walked away. Something about her intrigued him, usually, he would ignore women and disregard their interest in him. They were regularly surrounded by attractive people, however, it wasn't her beauty that drew him in, but rather her innocence and passion.