Chapter 31

Eyes fluttering open, Hyebin's sight was blurry at first before adjusting to stare up at the unfamiliar ceiling. Her mind was blank, confusion being the only thing which Hyebin could feel right now. Turning her head, she noticed Sooyeon sitting beside her, resting her head on the edge of the bad and holding Hyebin's hand tightly.

Memories of what had happened, rushed back into her head. She remembered everything going black but she couldn't recall why it had happened. While attempting to sit up, Sooyeon had awoken and pushed Hyebin back down.

"No!" Sooyeon began to scold her. "Stay down. Don't overexert yourself! How could you be so silly?" Sooyeon's eyes welled up alerting Hyebin that Sooyeon was going to cry. "Do you want to die? Why did you listen to that stupid old man! Everyone is so worried about you, you were trending online too!"

Hyebin examined Sooyeon's face. She'd never seen her unnie cry so this was new to her and she didn't know how to act. She was unsure if Sooyeon was the type who preferred someone not to point out her crying or to acknowledge and comfort her.

"I should update the fans to let them know I'm okay," Hyebin mumbled nervously, Sooyeon's tears coming to a halt as she glared at Hyebin.

"The reason you are in this situation is because you care too much about others. Stop!" Sooyeon argued, her heart was pained at Hyebin's lack of self-care. "The fans can wait, you should be more focused on recovering. You're hooked up to a drip and all you're bothered about is making sure everyone knows you are okay but you're not."

"How long have you been here for?" Hyebin asked, avoiding the subject and anymore scolding.

"You passed out 8 hours ago and have been in and out of consciousness without saying anything during the time. I've been by your side since back in the dorms. Mirae found you and she found the phone," Sooyeon explained. "She turned off the phone because it kept ringing and she didn't want the manager to see it when the ambulance came for you so she hid it. She called the ambulance and thee manager and you were brought to hospital. Manager had to leave because we have to continue schedule as usual. I have to also leave in a few hours for mine but you won't get discharged till later today so you will miss out on todays schedule and be forced to rest so you can film the MV with us tomorrow."

"Does Mirae know?"

"No," Sooyeon replied, sighing. "She will most likely ask about it though. You scared us all at the dorms, you were lying there on the floor and there was blood... Jiyeon and Youngji were forced to stay in there room. You shouldn't have listened to Myungjin and gone on a strict diet. Your body is perfect, the only thing that matter is health over weight and you are the healthiest person I know. You are always working out, eating horrible salads and that works for you, look at your muscles. I'm jealous."

Hyebin chuckled, her heart feeling lighter and content with Sooyeon's words. She was grateful to Sooyeon for being by her side and being a mother figure when she needed. Taking in Sooyeon's scolding's, Hyebin knew that she was right and didn't know why she'd been so reckless. Normally she would never think about strict diets but the way Myungjin had looked at her during their choreography practice had made her feel so disgusted with herself for the slightest second which was enough to convince her.

"I'm going to get the nurse, she told me to call when you wake up so she can check your vitals." Sooyeon excused herself, dropping the group phone on the bed. "Let your family know, update the fans..."

Hyebin picked up the phone, swiping to the camera and taking a photo smiling. After taking a few photos, she chose one and posted it on the sns, then pulled up the contacts and selecting her parents house phone number. The phone rang for three seconds before her father picked up and immediately scolded her then relayed his worries about her health before handing the phone over to her mother who did the same as her father.