Chapter 56

Turning the corner again, Hyebin pressed herself against the wall, clutching onto her chest as her heart raced erratically and her breathing became rapid. Her mind was running through the many scenarios and none of them seemed to be happy. They just weren't ready but she didn't want to let him down.

Stepping out once again, Hyebin had recomposed herself and made sure to let out a small fake cough to gain their attention. Instead of sitting in her former seat, Hyebin walked over to his mother.

"Can I sit next to you, mother?" Hyebin asked, earning a small frown from Changkyun once he realised she seemed to be avoiding him.

For the rest of the day, Hyebin had been avoiding Changkyun, moving away from him whenever he came near and avoiding his eyes. Changkyun was curious as to why she was avoiding him but she wouldn't talk to him and he didn't want to worry his parents so he didn't confront her, deciding to talk with his brother in private.

"Yeah, what's up?" His brother asked, furrowing his eyebrows as Changkyun dragged him into a hallway.

"I need some advise," Changkyun sighed. "I thought things were going well but Hyebin's being distant suddenly and she won't talk to me, she won't even look at me. Have I done something wrong?"

"I don't know but you probably did. Just apologise, it's what I do which is why my relationship is long-lasting." His brother shrugged. "Speaking of, I gotta head home. It's getting late. How long are you guys planning on staying?"

"Two days," Changkyun replied.

"Alright, I'll drop by tomorrow." His brother smiled. "Good luck."

"Bye." Changkyun sighed, finding his brothers advise slightly helpful.

Heading back out, Changkyun noticed Hyebin and his mom over by a cupboard, holding stacks of blankets and pillows.

"What are these for?" He asked, rushing over. "Do you guys need some help?"

"These are for you." His mother answered, leading the pair to a bedroom. "You're sleeping on the floor. Hyebin gets to sleep in the bed. Alone!"

"But-"

"Alone!" His mother repeated, giving him a glare which made him shut up.

"We can set these up, you should go to bed mother. It's been a long day." Hyebin smiled, taking over.

"No, I'll help you." His mother rejected.

"I'm here now," Changkyun agreed. "I can help her. You should sleep."

"Alright," she sighed. "I guess you two lovebirds want some alone time. Just don't go too far."

"Of course," Changkyun agreed.

"Or do but don't let your father find out. I just want grandchildren."

"Okay mom," Changkyun began to usher her out the room, closing the door behind her. "Goodnight!"

Turning around Changkyun sighed as the pair silently laid down the blankets on the floor for him to sleep.

"It's winter, if you want to sleep in the bed with me you can but you'll have to get out in the morning. I don't want to upset your parents." Hyebin offered, sitting on the edge of the bed, staring down at him sitting on the floor.

Moving up onto the bed, Hyebin scooted over, pulling the blanket up over them as she lay back. Laying in silence for a few minutes, Changkyun turned to face Hyebin, opening his mouth to break the silence.

"Why have you been avoiding me?"

A sigh was heard from Hyebin as she shifted to face him, looking at him in the eyes and noticing how hurt he truly was by her actions.

"I'm so sorry," Hyebin sincerely apologised, reaching out to cup his face. "I was immature and I hurt you. It's just that I overheard you talking to your parents about wanting to marry me and I freaked out because I wasn't ready."

"Oh," Changkyun was surprisingly quiet. "I wasn't, I just wanted to let my parents know I was serious about you."

"What about the kneeling?" Hyebin asked, feeling embarrassed by how she had misread the situation.

"What kneeling?" Changkyun was confused. "Wait- Do you mean when you ran off to the bathroom? I was just gonna help you take off your shoes since we forgot to take them off at the door."

"Oh."

"Though if I'm honest, I'm kinda hurt by the way you acted. Do you even love me or am I just a boy toy for you?" Changkyun confronted, wanting to vent to her.

"Of course not-"

"Instead of discussing it with me you avoided me like the plague. I felt like I had done something wrong and was feeling guilty but finding out it was because of-" Changkyun sighed in frustration, moving away from her and turning away from her. "If you're not willing to talk things out with me then I won't talk things out with you."

Hyebin's heart ached as she realised just how much she had hurt Changkyun, regretting her stupidly immature actions. Moving closer, Hyebin snaked her arms around him, spooning him as she rested her head against his back.

"I'm so sorry," She apologised once again. "I do love you and there is no excuse for the way I acted. I should have been straight up. I don't want to marry you now, it would be nice but we're not even a year into our relationship and we still have high aspirations for our groups as well as ourselves."

Changkyun remained silent for a few second before replying, "I understand. I wouldn't want to do anything that would become a burden to my group either."

"Will you marry me?" Hyebin asked, shocking Changkyun by her sudden question.

"When the time is right, I'll marry you no matter what." He answered, drawing circles on the back of her hand.

"I mean now," Hyebin's words made Changkyun stop, sitting up and turning to look at her. "Not the kind of marriage you think, more of an elongated fiancé period until we are ready. I love you and I want to be with you as you said, when the time is right."

"I'd like that," a smile grew onto Changkyun's face as he leaned in, giving her a kiss. "Can I have a kiss from my beautiful fiancé?"

"You can, my handsome fiancé." Hyebin chuckled, wrapping her arms around his neck and pressing her lips against his. "Thank you for coming into my life."

"Thank you for coming into my life," Changkyun's eyes gleamed as he stared into hers. "I'll never forget our first Christmas together. I hope we get to spend many more together."

"Me too."

In this moment, both realised how truly blessed they were. They had found someone to share their youth with and possibly their future. Confiding in one another, no longer feeling lonely and empty as they had each other now, supporting and loving for as long as possible.