Chapter 55

Hyebin and Changkyun had spent 2 days at her parents house and spent the third day travelling to Changkyun's family's house. Arriving outside, Hyebin began to have doubts about whether it was the right thing to do.

"Will it be okay for me to just turn up unannounced?" Hyebin voiced her worries as she was concerned about being seen as a rude girl.

Making up her mind, Hyebin turned around to leave only to run into a tall man, who seemed both confused and amused. He seemed to have recognised Changkyun, giving him a smile and waving.

"Changkyun has a girlfriend?" The man asked, grinning like the Cheshire cat. "I didn't know we were having a guest. Come on, let's go in. It's cold out here."

Changkyun hurried over to Hyebin, turning her around and guiding her to the doorframe, which she clung onto desperately, bringing the couple to a halt. Noticing her hesitation, Changkyun's brother spoke up.

"It's okay to come in, we won't bite." He chuckled. "Mom! Dad! Changkyun is home!"

Her heart was racing just like the sound of footsteps as his parents came rushing to the door to see their precious son, only to find her standing in front of him. Since it was a Christian household, Hyebin shrugged away Changkyun's hands off her shoulder, shyly moving to the side of the doorframe with Changkyun at her side now.

Immediately, Hyebin folded in half, bowing deeply to greet them. Changkyun's parents laughed, noticing how nervous Hyebin had seemed, observing how Changkyun was trying his best to reassure her that she is okay and didn't need to feel bad as he would take responsibility.

"Hello," Changkyun greeted, beginning to introduce Hyebin. "This is my girlfriend, Jo Hyebin."

Grabbing her arm, Changkyun dragged her into the house and pushed her over to the sofa to sit down, his parents also sitting down so they could all talk more comfortable now. His family seemed amused by her nervousness, forgetting all about how she had turned up unannounced as they were happy to see their son introducing his girlfriend.

"Hello," Hyebin re-introduced herself. "I'm Jo Hyebin. I'm sorry for turning up unannounced-"

"It's okay," His mother chuckled, introducing the family and revealing their names. "You can call us mother and father though."

"What do you do?" Changkyun's father asked. "Are you the same as Changkyun?"

"Yes," Hyebin replied, jumping slightly as Changkyun's hands cupped hers in attempts to stop her from fiddling due to her nerves. "I also do acting."

"OH!" Changkyun's mother darted up out of her seat, pointing at her with excitement. "You're the one from the drama. Sky castle! Honey, you know that one don't you?"

"Ah yeah," he nodded, reaching out to make his wife sit down again since her reaction seemed to have startled Hyebin. "How did you two meet?"

"I almost broke her foot," Changkyun revealed. "We were swapping stages and I bumped into her. She almost broke her ankle but I saved her. Then she apologised even though I was the one at fault."

"How long have you guys been together for?" His mother asked, becoming intrigued to know more. "Wait you were on the show together! Were you dating then? That seemed way too real to be staged."

"We weren't dating then," Hyebin replied, managing to pluck the courage to speak up. "Changkyun had messaged me-"

"Actually that was Minhyuk," Changkyun corrected. "He thought I needed a nudge."

"Well, I got a confession through message in late spring and asked to meet. I originally rejected him because I wanted to focus on my career but there was something there so we mutually agreed to spend time together and see how it goes." Hyebin explained. "We started dating in summer properly."

"We went on a trip together," Changkyun added on nervously. "I hinted again and she agreed to date me."

"Then I gave him a present since he was going on tour and he cried," Hyebin revealed, as his parents laughed along with her.

"No," Changkyun denied, pouting as he stared at her.

"Don't lie," Hyebin mirrored his expression, leaving his parents smiling as they saw how cute they were together.

"He must be serious," His father hinted. "This is the first time he has introduced a girlfriend of his to us. He didn't usually tell us when he was dating or say much."

"I am," Changkyun smiled, getting off the sofa and crouching down, leaving Hyebin scared.

"I need the toilet," Hyebin lied, getting up and stepping away as he looked up, seeming hurt.

"It's just over there, turn left then it's the second door." His mother explained, pointing over to the corner of the house.

Hyebin had no time to notice how big the house was as her heart was racing. Seeing him crouch down at a time like that... was he going to propose? She felt scared as they had both agreed they weren't ready yet but his actions were saying something different. Hyebin didn't think she was ready. There was still so much they both wanted to achieve in their career.

After wasting a minute in the bathroom, her brain rewinding over the moment, Hyebin mustered up the courage to leave the bathroom. Walking out, no one had noticed her yet but she had managed to overhear their conversation.

"I want to marry her."