Chapter 24

The streetlamp lights flickered on, lighting up the dark street allowing Changkyun to see better not that he noticed as he was too busy writing a message for Hyebin on his phone. Moments later, his phone sounded out, alerting him to a message which made him unsettled.

Instead of being safe at home and asleep, she was out on the dark streets alone searching for her member who had been missing for hours. Changkyun quickly replied, offering to come back since he wasn't far away so he could assist her in her search. She replied with the street name where she was waiting for him and the words thank you.

As Hyebin waited, she noticed a suspicious figure watching her from nearby, resting against a lamppost for a few minutes before beginning to stagger over. Becoming distressed, Hyebin started to head a separate way as the figure called out "Hey curly" making her feel incredibly uncomfortable.

After a few minutes of pacing round the neighbourhood, cutting through alleyways and crossing unknown roads, Hyebin had managed to lose the person following her and in doing so had ended up finding herself lost. Suddenly an overwhelming overload of emotions hit her at once, she was scared and lost in an unknown place, there was a strange person around who could potentially harm her or worse, there was Sooyeon who was alone at night too probably in the same situation or perhaps worse.

She couldn't help it, turning red, her eyes stung as tears began to stream down her cheeks. Her thoughts and worries were thrashing around in a jumbled mess, overpowering her. No matter how much she tried, her eyes kept fogging up from the tears like mirrors in a hot bathroom. Shuffling along, Hyebin tried her best to continue onwards, looking round for any signs.

Finally her phone rang out, fumbling around for it, Hyebin answered forgetting to check. "Changkyun-ah!" She cried out, filling him with a sense of dread as she was nowhere in sight and she was crying down the phone.

"I-" Hyebin stuttered out. "There- My..."

"Calm down," Changkyun spoke in a soothing voice. "Take a breath and try to collect your words."

Hyebin took a deep breath, "I was wai- waiting for you then someone was watching me then followed me when I tried to walk away s- so I walked around until I lost him but now-" Hyebin let out a shaky breath, glancing around. "Now I'm lost. And Sooyeon unnie is all alone somewhere with that scary stranger on the loose-" Hyebin broke down again as the thought of something bad happening to Sooyeon.

"Where are you? Try your best to describe anything you can see or anything you remember passing." Changkyun ordered, already starting to wonder around in search of any signs of her.

"I saw a red wall and I accidentally kicked a bottle when I was walking. There was a faulty lamppost at one point and where I am now is a dead end alleyway. I'm facing a big silver building in the distance behind the wall, I don't know if you can see it but you should get closer to that." Hyebin recalled, her tears calming as her mind became momentarily distracted by Changkyun's request.

Changkyun rushed around, jogging down alleyways and trying to find a big silver building so he could pinpoint which way to go. Once his eyes caught sight of it in the distance, he realised she was downhill somewhere and was getting closer so he started to call out her nickname, not calling her real name in case anyone heard and recognised her.

"Binnie!"

"Oh-" Hyebin's eyes widened as she heard a familiar voice. "Kyunnie," She lightly stepped out from the dead end, turning her head to peak left and right, hoping to set sights on Changkyun.

"Hyebin-"

Changkyun's jogging pace had increased, turning into a sprint and he ran over to her, holding out his arms and pulling her into his embrace. Hyebin let out a whisper "I was scared", which made Changkyun's heart ache. It pained him deeply to see Hyebin so upset and scared, all he wanted from now on was to protect her from being hurt like this ever again.

"I'll protect you so that you will never be scared again," Changkyun comforted, watching in confusion as she suddenly pulled away from his embrace.

"Then who will protect you?" Hyebin whispered, reaching up to cup his face and send him a half smile. "Could I protect you?"

"I'd like that," Changkyun smiled, reaching up to brush his thumb against her cheek to wipe away her tears.

In this moment, Changkyun wanted to kiss Hyebin, however, he did not want to take advantage of her vulnerability in this moment and leave her with any regret. Fortunately, Hyebin knew what she wanted and that was Changkyun. Finally she was sure, leaning forward she waited for a second for Changkyun's reaction.

"Can I kiss you?" Hyebin whispered, her heart pounding like crazy as she waited for his response.

Changkyun smiled, his eyes turning from glistening full moons to astonishingly beautiful crescent moons. She'd never seen him this happy, happy being an understatement of course as he felt on top of the world right now. Her choice wasn't just some kiss, it was something more. Hyebin's choice was her accepting their relationship, a certainty that she had feelings for him and had no regrets of being in a some with him.

Changkyun responded by leaning in, their lips meeting in kiss. Hyebin felt herself melting into the kiss, his lips like marshmallow, soft and sweet. As their lips were locked, a figure came round the corner with a look of confusion and relief.

"Excuse me-" A silvery female voice sounding, alerting the two to her presence.

Hyebin hid her face, pulling away quickly as she shrunk behind Changkyun, who was still facing her. Hyebin changed her voice slightly to mask her identity.

"Yes?"

"I'm lost and-"

"Sooyeon-" Hyebin breathed out in shock, revealing herself to the elder with her face turning from worried to happy. Hyebin moved away from Changkyun, rushing up to hug Sooyeon. "We were looking for you everywhere! We were worried something had happened to you."

"I'm sorry," Sooyeon apologised, hugging Hyebin back. "I was going to come back but I took a wrong turn without realising and I guess I got lost."

"We should let the other girls know, I'll call them." Hyebin pulled away, pulling out her phone and messaging them to let them know she had found Sooyeon and the two were on their way back to the dorm.

"I'll walk you guys back, I remember the route vaguely." Changkyun interrupted, feeling awkward and slightly embarrassed about being potentially caught.

"Mmm, thank you." Hyebin replied, also feeling awkward as she knew Sooyeon would have questions for her. "Let's go." Hyebin reached to hold Sooyeon's hand as they walked back, Changkyun putting his mask back on to avoid being noticed with the two women.

"We're gonna need to talk when we get back," Sooyeon whispered with a chuckle as she watched Hyebin's cheeks burn up with embarrassment. The trio walked back in silence, Changkyun saying goodbye once arriving near their building and leaving for his own dorm.

"Do I tell the other girls or..."

"No," Hyebin shook her head, the pair now preparing their story before entering. "I'll tell you everything later."