Chapter 18

After Mode-L appearance on the small variety show, news of their comeback had started to rank on the online portals giving them once again more exposure which delighted their CEO as they were gaining fans who were buying their debut song and buying their merch, which would be funded into their comeback budget meaning better quality and the company would have to fund less money in themselves.

From now on they would only gain more exposure, especially as 'Seoul Searching' filming was taking place once again. Hyebin, Subin and Sooyeon felt guilty for hogging all the spotlight due to their growing popularity, however, the others assured them they were okay as they were helping gain popularity for the group.

It wasn't like the others weren't popular though, Youngji had been casted for the lead female in a web drama after her great audition and was gaining fans who had complimented her good acting for a young rookie and congratulated her on her acting debut, Jiyeon's gym training had payed off as she received the title of 'honey thighs' and was gaining popularity for it. Of course she wanted to be acknowledged for her vocals but she was pleased that her hard work spent on her body was gaining praise. Mirae's dance covers on their official YouTube and Instagram were gaining her a strong fanbase for her skills and she was also earning praise for her kind personality on small variety show appearances.

Each member was gaining a great fanbase and it was showing through their monthly increase of followers. They now had 430,000 followers average on each of their social media platforms and they managed to trend quite often due to promotions. Hyebin and Sooyeon received the most attention and their fanbases were the biggest due to their good looks and their appearances on 'Seoul Searching' becoming topic worthy, not to mention their partners on the show were also gaining attention for their charming personalities which gained their groups more exposure too.

This time on the show it was Hyebin's turn to prepare a date for Changkyun, although she felt tense as the last time she'd cried and asked him not to leave her so to say she was embarrassed was an understatement, she couldn't understand what had came over her and caused her to say that to him, she just hoped he would let it go. The whole week they had messaged on the groupchat but avoided the topic so she was thankful.

Changkyun was stood wearing a loose white shirt with the top buttons undone and a pair of black jeans. His hair was slicked back, up into a neat CEO look with a few strands loose at the front. He really was handsome and swoon worthy, although today he looked even more hotter than usual, seeing him made her flustered.

Hyebin inched closer, tiptoeing behind him and wrapping her arms around his waist, laying her head on his back. Changkyun responded warmly, without even checking as he already knew her adorable hands. Reaching down, his hands covered hers as he swayed side to side slowly and letting out a content sigh while taking in the pretty view ahead of him.

"Hmm..." Changkyun chimed happily, his voice sounding deeper as he seemed tired. "This is nice."

As he turned around, she noticed he was unusually quiet and seemed a little down. Hyebin reached up to cup his face with one hand, taking him by surprise as he looked down at her. "Is everything okay? You seem down."

"Yeah," Changkyun nodded, wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her in for a hug, resting his head on her shoulder. "I'm just tired, my schedules pretty full." He answered honestly, despite it being recorded. He was sure it would add a sense of sincerity to the show and the viewers would appreciate it.

"I had a change of plans," Hyebin spoke up, shocking the cast and Changkyun as it wasn't planned on the script. Of course the show was unscripted, however, the plans of destinations were all planned precisely with the aim of showing off product placements and promoting places with the agreement of the owners.

Luckily Hyebin was quick thinking and had already planned to go to all the planned places, however, she decided to cut them short and change the layout. Their planned destinations were to visit a cinema to watch a movie with the product placement of a new drink brand and snack brand, then they would visit a street snack vendor to eat food and explore the streets of Seoul eventually leading them to a park where they would sit and talk.

Hyebin decided that instead of going to the cinema they could do a detour and still promote the brand by going to a supermarket to buy the brand food and then heading to a drive-in movie where Changkyun could nap. She felt maybe the viewers would be able to relate due to hectic work schedules and being too tired to date yet somehow they'd make it work.

"Cut!" The PD yelled, running over to ask what she was doing. Hyebin explained her idea and after a short discussion with the crew, he agreed and lent them a staff members car after gaining their permission.

A camera was set up in the front of the car, however, as both of the pair couldn't drive a staff member drove them to the supermarket where they were filmed looking like a married couple shopping for groceries and arguing over which flavour, obviously not forgetting the branded drink and food they had to purchase. Once back in the car, it took a little while but eventually they reached a drive-in movie area and purchased a ticket.

Upon explaining the camera's to a staff member who did ticketing, they allowed a certain amount of the crew to come in for a discounted price to film the date. They were happy to gain exposure but they couldn't let all the crew staff and vans inside and take all the spots or be out of the cars completely to film as it would off put and scare other guests.

Changkyun and Hyebin entered the front seats of the car, the staff member exiting the car after checking their mics were still on and the camera was set up right. As the movie started, Changkyun and Hyebin exchanged small chitchat about the movie they were watching before completely becoming quiet. She noticed Changkyun's head nodding about, his eyes blinking multiple times trying to stay awake.

Hyebin chuckled and leaned over him, making his eyes stop blinking and become wide instead with shock. He'd seen certain movies that showed couples making out in the car at drive-in movies and he was nervous, thinking it was a prank by the crew but even they were surprised momentarily before realising what was happening. Hyebin had lowered his seat, still leaning over him which made him gulp due to being extremely nervous now.

"Sleep," She whispered, moving back in her seat . "I changed the plans so you could sleep during the movie, you work hard. I'll watch the movie alone and then after we can go somewhere else to eat and go back to the date."

"Hmm," He hummed, just loud enough for her to hear as his eyes closed. "Thank you. I love you."

Hyebin's chest puffed out as she breathed out, her eyes widening at his words. She turned her head to see that he was already gone, engulfed in a sweet dream, unlike Hyebin whose heart was thumping like crazy. How could he just say those words so easily? Was he just acting? Despite sitting through the whole movie, nothing registered through her head as her thoughts were already filled with reasoning on Changkyun's sleepy confession. She had to admit she was falling for him but she reassured herself it was just an act and that she had to put her dreams first.