Chapter 37

Mamamoo were promoting around the same time as Mode-L's sub unit and during the short time, Hyebin had bonded with Hyejin over their love of good food and tv. Sadly, Mamamoo's promotions ended before Mode-S so they couldn't see each other as much, however, they exchanged contact information and planned a date to hang out together and get a meal.

A month of promotions passed by quite quickly, leaving Hyebin with a less hectic schedule so she was able to escape for a few hours to meet up with Hwasa, now known to Hyebin as Hyejin. While walking to their destination, Hyebin and Hwasa took many photos of each other and together, complimenting each other every time and laughing due to being flustered.

Finally, they arrived at a dull looking building which had a handful of customers. Hwasa reassured Hyebin they were at the right place, noticing her looking a little worried. They chose a seat outside as it was a perfectly sunny day with a slight breeze and low fine dust levels.

Hyebin offered to let Hwasa choose what she would eat since she wasn't sure what was good as it was her first time here unlike Hwasa. Both had pulled down their masks, the owner took in their order without noticing they were celebrities, most likely since he was older and didn't care for newer music. Hyebin's father tended to be the same way so she'd mostly heard Jo Sungmo and Lim Changjung from the radio at most.

PING!

Glancing down, Hyebin frowned at the weird message she had received from Changkyun. Shrugging it off, she replied;

CHANGKYUN: Ya, where are you? Be specific.

HYEBIN: I'm here [inserted screenshot of her location on maps]

CHANGKYUN: Okay, thanks.

"Okay..." Hyebin sighed, putting her phone away and focusing on Hwasa, who had finished ordering for them. "Anyway, I saw you on I Live Alone-"

The pair chatted for a small while before their food arrived, then it became quiet as they both focused all of their energy on eating the delicious food in front of them. Halfway through eating, a courier man appeared beside the table, staring at his phone.

"Would any of you girls happen to be Jo Hyebin?" He questioned.

"That's me, why?" Hyebin answered wearily, her eyes flickering between Hwasa and the random man asking for her.

"Ah that's great, I have a delivery for you." He hurried over quickly to his small van and began pulling out dozens of bouquets of roses, placing them on the floor beside Hyebin.

"I-" Hyebin was speechless. "Wha- I think you have the wrong person I didn't-"

"You are Jo Hyebin?" He asked once again, making sure to confirm it was really her.

"Yes."

"Then these are for you," He sarcastically smiled, finishing placing them all.

"Who are they from?" Hwasa spoke up, noticing that Hyebin couldn't seem to gather her words.

"I don't know, the person just put in the order and my boss wrote the card with the message the person had sent. It should say in the envelope if you find it." He shrugged, walking away. "Have a nice day."

Hwasa suddenly let out a laugh, she couldn't help but to laugh as she watched Hyebin struggling to come through the roses in search of an envelope. Once she stopped herself from laughing, she started to comb through the roses with her. Unfortunately, Hwasa had discovered the envelope first, opening it and reading it out loud for Hyebin to hear.

"A rose for each month that we've been apart wouldn't be enough to express how much I've missed you. CK" Hwasa giggled as Hyebin blushed violently, her heart fluttering as though it was meant for her. "Either Calvin Klein brand adores you or you have a boyfriend..."

"This is why he asked for my location-" The realisation hit Hyebin, still not being able to full find the words to explain to Hwasa.

"How lucky!" Hwasa pouted. "A man who buys you roses and does romantic gestures like this out of nowhere... You should just marry him now."

"Sadly, I can't. We haven't had our first fight yet so before marriage that needs to happen. Then I can assess who is more at risk." Hyebin joked.

"At risk!" Hwasa gasped, chuckling at her choice of words. "Is one of you going to kill the other?"

"You know what I mean," Hyebin whined, playfully hitting Hwasa. "See who's more dominant and dramatic in an argument. Right now we get along a little too well, I'm curious as to what will make us argue."

"Let me take a photo of you with your roses so you can send it to him," Hwasa held out her hand for Hyebin's phone. "Then I can finish the food before it gets cold."

Hwasa took a photo for Hyebin and handed it back, both getting back to eating immediately since the time to heading back for their schedules was getting nearer. Once they finished eating, Hyebin and Hwasa had to separate ways so Hyebin left her with a parting gift of a rose since she had many already to take back with her.

Upon return to their building, her members helped her out of the taxi, each grabbing a couple of bouquets each and taking them up to the dorm while the taxi driver scolded her for dropping some petals in the back of the taxi so she repeatedly apologised.

"You know you are trending online, right?" Jiyeon raised her eyebrow at Hyebin who seemed flustered.

"Me?" Hyebin was wide eyed by now like a deer caught in headlights. "Why?"

"Dispatch took photos of you and Hwasa together and posted it online as a joke with the headline '2Hye dating'. It's kinda funny, it's going viral and there is a load of memes from both fandoms." Subin chuckled, dropping down on the sofa after placing the last of the bouquets on the kitchen countertops. "The roses made it funnier, some are completely convinced you guys are dating."

Sooyeon handed Hyebin the phone, hearing Hyebin gasp as she saw the rankings change.

"The company released a statement to say we aren't in a relationship-"

"Oh!" Subin doubled over in pain from laughing too much. "You've been involved in a dating rumour with two top idols. You're living your best life. First Changkyun the male idol, now Hwasa the female Idol... and both are rappers with deep voices! Even your scandals have a type!"

"I feel attacked," Hyebin sighed. "More so now that you've pointed out that they're similar."

"Are they even allowed to release a statement without talking to you?" Jiyeon asked.

"They already did it anyway," Sooyeon shrugged, taking the phone and reading over the statement. "They cleared it up pretty well. Fans sent you roses..." Sooyeon smirked, sending Hyebin a knowing look. "What nice fans you have."

"I should find some spots where the light comes in well," Hyebin avoided Sooyeon's eyes, leaving the conversation behind.

"I'll help," Subin stood up, hurrying over. "The manager will probably be here in a few minutes so we should hurry."