Chapter 22

Laughter had filled the dorm as Wonho recited each and every entertaining detail of yesterdays 'date' with Hyebin. They were all currently teasing Changkyun for his failed date with Hyebin, however, their unnecessary comments were pissing Changkyun off by the second along with the poking and messing around with him.

Minhyuk had already made his way over to 'pretend' to poke Changkyun, instead opting to pinch his phone from his pocket hopefully without him noticing. Success! Backing away, Minhyuk unlocked the phone quickly and searched for Hyebin's number in the contacts and tapping through to messages, where he found a series of messages between them in private. Unfortunately none of them were to do with a relationship and he didn't have enough time to read through them as he wanted to, instead he decided to shoot a shot for Changkyun and hope it paid off or his life would be over.

He was 90% confident that Hyebin liked Changkyun back based off seeing their on-screen chemistry and he was willing to take the risk since he could just own up to his mistake when it backfires and claim it to be a joke so Hyebin wouldn't feel awkward around Changkyun but it could impact the friendship between Minhyuk and Changkyun for a while if it didn't work out. All Minhyuk could do was pray that it would work out. Changkyun was a holy man, surely he wouldn't hurt Minhyuk too much...

'Hyebin-ah, I like you but I was too scared to admit it. Would you be my girlfriend? If not would you at least give me the chance to take you for a real date.'

SENT AT 23:03PM

Minhyuk quickly scurried over and 'poked' Changkyun's phone back into his pocket. Suddenly, Changkyun slapped away Minhyuk's hand and Hyungwon's, standing up abruptly making the chair scrape across the floor and screech as it moved back into Shownu's knees, making Shownu let out an airy screech from the sudden pain.

"I told you all I don't fucking like it!" Changkyun had reached his limit and was now having an outburst of anger. He was the type to be scary when angry so all the members had became silent and stood back in fear that he would throw hands or objects. "Mind your own fucking business. This is why I don't tell you guys shit about when I'm dating or interested in someone. You always stick your fucking noses in and act like this."

"Chang-" Before Wonho could utter an apology, Changkyun had already stormed out the door, slamming it harshly behind him making some of the members jump.

Changkyun set out in the direction of nowhere, heading up to the rooftop since he'd left without a disguise and did not want to be followed by anyone, especially when he was pissed enough already and just wanted to be alone. The rooftop wasn't completely filthy but since it was abandoned by the owner it was kinda dirty not to mention the odd shoe that was unexplainably there. Fortunately the beautiful sky made up for that, especially when the fine dust count was low and the sky was clear like today.

It was late so he couldn't make out any certain buildings but it was still a pretty sight, especially with all the lights on, random golden squares appearing in the middle of the darkness. Sometimes he felt like that... everything dark and empty inside with no clear pathway then suddenly a flicker of light and happiness.

PING!

Changkyun was caught off guard, pulling out his phone to see a message from Hyebin. A flicker of light and happiness was awakening inside of him once again, that was until he noticed the message above. Hyebin's reply had read out the words 'let's meet' making him shake with fear and anger; fear being the rejection he would receive from her and anger being towards the one who had sent the message and made a fool out of him.

Obviously, he could not ignore her message since 'he' was the one that sent it but how could one possibly respond when being offered to meet in person so they could have their heart rejected? There was no clear option, now it relied on Changkyun's gut feeling and it was telling him to shrivel up in a ball and be swallowed by the ground.

'Okay.' Changkyun replied finally, deciding to tear off the band-aid quickly to avoid a slower and more painful pain, the pain of rejection that is. After texting her an isolated location, safer than the last since once again it was dark and she would be walking alone, he made his way down from the rooftop. Sneaking out the back way, he kept his head down and avoided any eye contact.

It was late at night and he was dressed in a pair of grey sweatpants-type shorts that went down to his knees and a white t-shirt with a grey hoodie jacket. With his hood up, he could only hope it was enough within the darkness to keep him out of sight from all members of the public who may recognise him. Reaching his destination, Changkyun turned right behind a fairly big enough wall to see someone waiting.

Looking up carefully, his eyes caught on to the familiar sparkling cat eyes which he often had found himself bewitched by. Letting out a sigh of relief, he lifted his hood further back to reveal his face to Hyebin so she could also let down her guard.

"There's a bench over there, should we go sit?" Changkyun managed to mumble out, his fingers twitching as his palms became sweaty due to the nervousness he felt. Hyebin silently agreed, following behind as she pulled down her mask, keeping her eyes pinned to the ground in fear of being caught by anyone still wandering late at night. "So..."

"I-" Hyebin sighed, looking down at her hands and rubbing them together since they were cold.

Changkyun reached over, noticing that she was wearing thin clothes with short sleeves, he cupped her hands within his larger ones hoping his warmth would transfer to her. Hyebin was nervous, looking up at him her decision had changed but she was unsure still.

"I came here to reject you," Hyebin admitted. "But not because I don't feel something. To be honest I don't know what I feel. I'm too young to understand I guess, I do know that you make my heart flutter though and I know my work makes my heart flutter too. I won't date you because my career is something I'm certain about and I want to focus on that. I was certain that's all I wanted until now. Now I'm uncertain if that's all I want. I don't want to play with your heart but I'd be open to a some to see if there is something more if you'd still want to pursue me. If not I would understand."

"No, I mean yes, I-" Changkyun became tongue-tied as he was internally fangirling that she would even give him a chance and hearing that he made her heart flutter was enough to make his own heart race. "Yes, I want to give it a try."

"I don't want to tell anyone unless we end up dating completely." Hyebin added, looking into Changkyun's eyes with guilt. She felt like a player messing with her feelings but she didn't want to fall into something mistakenly and ruin a good friendship.

"Of course," Changkyun agreed. "Don't give me those eyes, you don't have to feel guilty. You're right to want to focus on your career, we both want to and a relationship at the end of this would just be a big plus for us both. We both need to see if these feelings are more than a crush so I'm really okay with being in a some for now."

"I'll walk you back since it's late," Changkyun stood up, holding out his hand for Hyebin to take a hold of.

"Thank you," Hyebin held hands with him as she got up.

Neither of them made any attempts to let go, instead choosing to walk hand in hand back to her dorm. Maybe it was because of their fake relationship on set, however, holding hands didn't feel forced but rather more natural and comforting.