Chapter 11

Hushed whispers filled the room, each exchanging theories and looks from one person to the next. It's not every day you're called to the CEO's office. Good or bad news could arrive at any moment when in this office. Hyebin hoped it wasn't the latter.

Sooyeon played with the ends of her hair as she wistfully sighed, "If we have a comeback, I'll probably have to dye my hair a new colour. I really liked being a blonde for the past year."

"Me too," Youngji agreed cheerfully, pulling her plaits forward to rest on her shoulders.

"Or we could be disbanding," Subin openly suggested, her headstrong persona not fraying away from even the slightest idea in her mind. It was both a curse and a blessing.

"I can't go back to before, my life was so tedious. I don't think I'd be able to debut again," Jiyeon sighed. "I'm finally satisfied."

"And I'm glad," A gruff male voice intercepted, footsteps sounding behind the group as they got nearer. "Luckily you will not be disbanding, you aren't successful but you aren't flopping. There is a potential and that's why I've called you in today. Usually, we don't discuss schedules as you know because what we say is what should be done. Fortunately, this is more like an opportunity but I cannot submit you all so you will have to fight it out."

"Pardon?" Hyebin was baffled by the CEO's last words.

"Not physical fighting, of course, more of a debate. I hope you will all get what you desire and it will become beneficial to you." The CEO clarified.

"Some new opportunities have become available to us courtesy of the latest scandal. We have received offers for you to join some shows, most are group, however, a small majority are solo or duo gigs and that is why I have called you here." The CEO blabbered on. "3 gigs are available, here are the options; Acting audition for a new webtoon lead female, 3 members to be invited onto a small variety show and 2 members to be invited to a modelling gig for a car show."

"They are open to any member changes, although they did tell the names of the members they originally would like. Unfortunately, some members would overlap hence why you will need to discuss. The acting gig was offered for Youngji but they also offered an audition for Jiyeon as the best friend as she didn't represent the main character's image well but suited the best friend description. Both of you are available to select this option as they do not overlap with the other two gigs but if you do not want them, they will be offered to another member." He explained in more detail. "The three members selected for the variety show were Hyebin, Subin and Sooyeon and the variety show is called 'Seoul Searching'. The members selected for the modelling gig at a car show were Sooyeon and Mirae."

"As Sooyeon overlapped, I'd like to hear her decision." He peered over at her and revealed what was required from both gigs, before letting her decide ultimately. "The car show will be 4 hours long, fansites are usually allowed in and you will be offered a certain percentage discount off the car brand, which has no time expiry but can only be used once when purchasing the car. They are paying 350,000 won (£/$350) for the 4 hours and the money will be heading straight to the company to pay back your debt but instead, 100,000 won will be added onto your monthly salary and will be broken down into your weekly payments so you will see an increase. The variety show will be going on for 2 months of filming and will require you to film for 240 hours in total for 1,700,000 won, don't be fooled by the large number though as we will also deduct this for your debt and as its two months long, that means you will miss out on other schedules and lose that money, meaning it would still average the same amount no matter what you do for the next 2 months. You will receive 250,000 won extra for the next two monthly salaries from this though."

"How much is my debt?" Sooyeon asked.

"Your debut was 1,300,000,000 won (1.3 mil) and your accommodation for the past few months is 100,000 won monthly bringing all of your totals up to 1,300,400,000 won. Option two would be easiest to pay back quicker but it would be more work."

"Option 2 please," Sooyeon felt shameful for being greedy but she did not want to be in debt her whole life, if they were to flop any time soon she would never get a gig with as big of a pay-out as that. No. Sooyeon decided there was no need to be shameful or feel guilty for taking the opportunity away from the others. Once she had paid off her debts and capable of earning the funds for herself, she pledged to herself that she would assist the other members in paying their debts off with any additional money earned as they were a team.

"Would I be able to take Sooyeon's position for the modelling gig?" Jiyeon stepped up nervously, feeling as if she had stolen Youngji's spot. "I'm not confident in getting the acting gig but I would like to try. Youngji has learnt how to act so she will most likely pass and though she won't have a solo gig, she would have time to study for school as she's young."

"Would you be okay with that Youngji?" The CEO asked.

"Of course, unnie works hard and I'll work just as hard to make that acting role mine!" Youngji was determined, it seemed as if she was a mini Sooyeon and Subin hybrid, carrying all the admirable traits of her elders.

The meeting continued the same way, each confirming their schedules and asking for more details about what would be required of them. Little did Hyebin know, this one small discussion would lead to one prominent transformation in her life and career.