Chapter 48

As Hyebin and Changkyun were celebrities, both had to sort out a time when their schedule was empty, which was usually late at night, to meet her father. Thankfully he was understanding of their situation and even offered to meet them in a more isolated place, that place being the Han River.

Hyebin and her father strolled alone down by the Han River. He was dressed in a brown jacket and smart shoes as if he was trying to impress somebody and he had two plastic bags in his hand.

Deciding to sit on a bench and wait for Changkyun, her father decided to speak up finally for the first time since he had arrived earlier that day.

"Are you happy?" He asked, avoiding eye contact with his daughter as she hummed in response.

Once again there was silence for a little while until Changkyun appeared, walking over with his head hung low. By now Changkyun and Hyebin were used to recognising each other in their disguises so they could tell each other a mile away, however, her father didn't realise until he had began to introduce himself.

"Hello father, my name is Im Changkyun and I'm your daughters boyfriend." He introduced as Hyebin cringed, trying to hold back a laugh as everyone was embarrassed.

"You're the one that stole my little girl," her father tutted.

"Changkyun," Hyebin stood up and pulled him to her side so he could sit furthest away from her father.

"I thought he'd be sitting next to me," her father said in a gruff voice.

"I will-"

Hyebin poked him in his side, shrugging as he gave her a look of confusion, whispering to him, "he brought us to Hann River so he can throw you in."

Changkyun seemed frightened by now causing Hyebin to let out the loudest laugh she had ever done, making both men jump from the shock.

"I won't push him in," her father scolded, swatting her shoulder so she would quieten down. "I brought chicken and beer, I thought we might need it."

"Ah thank you so much father," Changkyun had no problem appealing to her father.

Each time he called him father, her father would become flustered and forget the whole reason he had even came to Seoul.

Passing out the chicken boxes and beer, her father's gaze softened as he watched how Changkyun reached over for Hyebin's chicken, taking it off the bone as he knew she didn't like to eat chicken on the bone.

Her father smiled, realising that now his little girl no longer needed help as she had someone else by herself to look after her too.

"Are you serious about Hyebin?" Her father asked, watching as Changkyun quickly gulped down the piece of chicken in his mouth and nodded quickly, replying with a "yes".

"Serious enough to consider marriage?" He asked, earning a shove from Hyebin.

"Dad!"

"Yes," Changkyun's response left Hyebin's heart palpitating incredibly fast as her eyes widened, turning to look at him in shock. "Not now but in the future."

"Why not now? Why the future?" Her father asked, intrigued to know whether he was genuine about her.

"There are risks to being a celebrity," Changkyun began to explain. "It's why we have been keeping our relationship a secret. There's so many factors and we are young right now so we have high aspirations for our careers which we want to fulfil."

Satisfied with Changkyun's answer, he sighed in response and drank some of his beer before speaking again.

"If you want to, you can visit our family anytime and stay with us when you need a break together since it's private." He offered. "But if I hear so much as a bed creak, it's over for both of you."

"Dad-" Hyebin cried out in embarrassment.

"You don't have to worry father," Changkyun chuckled. "We only hold hands."

"Those photos tell me otherwise," her father rolled his eyes as Changkyun gave Hyebin an anxious stare.

"Photos?" Changkyun asked. "What were we doing in the photos?"

"Kissing, hugging..." her father spoke up. "Hopefully with protection."

"Please-" Hyebin was flustered by the hostile yet funny conversation which was taking place. "We haven't done anything. Changkyun doesn't want to."

"I'm glad," her father sighed. "Although you are young adults... it's a bit weird, I mean me and your mother-"

"NO!" Hyebin screached, covering her ears as her father let out a jolly laugh, wiping his eyes as he laughed so much that tears had fallen. "I don't need to know."

"I'm just saying," he shrugged. "Are you not into women?"

"I-" Changkyun was caught off guard by Hyebin's fathers question. "I do. I like women, I mean I only love Hyebin."

"I can see that," He smiled, taking a bite out of his chicken. "My heart feels at ease now."

Hyebin's father wasn't the type to be openly loving so his words had surprised her and made her feel flustered. Even though he didn't always say it, his actions always spoke louder than words. Just the fact that he came all the way down to Seoul and took a day off work to see if Changkyun was right for her was enough to make her feel happy, especially since he seemed to have gotten to like Changkyun.