Chapter 38

Hyebin had visited the CEO's office the next day to discuss the dispatch situation as they wanted to know everything despite dropping the sentence. Playing it off, Hyebin also said it was a fan gift and revealed that she also received a fan basket when she had gotten out of hospital. The CEO had warned her that next time she couldn't take them as they had to be searched for any danger but was happy to know that they were already being given gifts by fans.

On the way back from visiting the CEO, Changkyun had called her so she decided to walk to the nearest bus stop instead of getting a taxi so she could talk freely. Especially since it wasn't as crowded in this area at this time of day.

"Is Hwasa another competitor for your love?" Changkyun joked, referring to the dispatch post from the previous day.

"You're in the lead though," Hyebin teased, making him chuckle. "Thank you for the roses, I miss you so much."

"Those roses were a little too dramatic but at least you know just how crazy I am about you." Changkyun grinned. "I'm missing you too much. You're doing a radio show today right?"

"Yes?"

"That's great. I left you a gift at the broadcasting station. This one is a little more... subtle." He smirked, causing Hyebin to feel uneasy and curious. "I searched for your schedule and found out you were appearing on a radio show so I thought, why not surprise her."

"You keep surprising me with gifts," Hyebin sighed. "I feel bad about not being able to do nothing for you since you're on the move on tour."

"You already gave me the expensive necklace," Changkyun pointed out, reaching for it from under his top and staring at it with a smile. "This is enough for me. I want to spoil you and make you feel as special as you make me feel."

In the background a voice called out to Changkyun, telling him he has to go.

"What time are you heading to the station?" Changkyun asked quickly.

"I'm already here," She replied. "I'm hiding out in the bathroom again. What country are you in now?"

"I'll send you a picture and you can guess," Changkyun seemed to be acting quite mischievous. "I'll speak to you later, I gotta go."

Hyebin hummed, "Bye."

Hanging up, Hyebin hid her phone as usual and walked out to see her manager waiting outside with the group. Rushing over, the manager filled her in on what she had missed and continued to explain what is required of them. Despite it being to promote their sub-unit, the whole group were guesting on the show.

"Do your best and don't say anything stupid," The manager concluded. "Good luck!"

Nodding, they all walked in a line into a room. It was small but it was big enough to fit them in even with all the big equipment that surrounded them. Upon entry in the booth, they each chose their seats, although, the MC's kept trying to distract Hyebin, leaving her to sit at the end next to an empty seat.

After introductions and some small talk, the MC' announced a surprise guest and boy oh boy was it a surprise. A male entered the room with silver hair, which seemed freshly dyed since it had no roots showing. Hyebin became speechless as they all quickly stood up to bow for their sunbae despite him repeatedly telling them it was okay and to stay seated.

"Hello, My name is Im Changkyun." His deep voice greeted, his voice contrasting to his bright smile. "I.M. of Monsta X."

Hyebin wanted nothing more than to run up to him and hug him, then hit him and scold him for not telling her about him being back in Korea.