Chapter 6

Changkyun found himself distracted these days, despite needing to be focused on his group's comeback. Of course, he worked vigorously every stage and interview, nevertheless, he couldn't prevent himself from desiring to catch even a small glimpse of Hyebin again. He didn't know her name or her group name so internet stalking wasn't even an option. The only alternative was to wait and hope fate would perhaps pull them together a third time... Or at least their schedules would align if not fate.

"What's wrong with you?" Wonho asked worriedly, staring at Changkyun with concern. "You seem out of it these days. Is everything okay?"

"Well..." Changkyun trailed off, debating whether or not to tell him. He was hesitant on whether he was having a harmless crush or if he was falling for some random girl.

"You can tell me, I won't tell the others if that's what you want."

"I-" Before Changkyun could finish, his eyes met with a familiar curly-haired figure. He recognised her straight away and without realising, he unconsciously tilted forward with a beaming smile gracing his face in what had felt like forever.

Wonho noticed Changkyun's swift change in mood and turned to follow his gaze. Once he realised what had captured Changkyun's attention, he grinned too. Finally, the maknae was growing up, he just needed a little nudge.

"Hey kkukkungie," Wonho greeted, compelling Changkyun to face him momentarily, still casting glances over at Hyebin to make sure she didn't abandon his sight so he could accidentally speak to her again. "Do you mind grabbing me a pen from somewhere and some paper? I just remembered something I need to write down and I left my phone in the dressing room."

Changkyun seemed hesitant, though, he agreed and scampered off quicker than Wonho had ever seen before. Promptly Wonho took the opportunity to advance over to the girl, who had captured the interest of his dear puppy Changkyun.

"Excuse me," He sent the group of girls a heart-fluttering smile. "What group are you guys?" He then shifted to look at Hyebin specifically.

"We are Mode-L," Hyebin stated cautiously, hoping the handsome guy hadn't come to flirt with her. She wasn't the type of person who enjoyed male attention and preferred to remain under the radar when it came to men and dating.

"Ah okay, are you guys rookies?" He questioned. "I haven't seen you guys around before."

"Yes, we're not supposed to talk to men or big idols sorry. They're the rules and we don't want to get in trouble. Sorry once again." Hyebin gave him an apologetic smile as he nodded in acknowledgement, his smile never faltering as he understood very well since he was an idol himself.

"Ah, I forgot. Have a great day! I'll be rooting for you guys!" Wonho cheered, waving and scurrying away swiftly before any staff or Changkyun noticed and scolded him.

A few seconds after Wonho returned to his spot, Changkyun re-appeared with a paper and pen, panting slightly making Wonho laugh. He was truly dedicated, that's for sure.

"You know a good rookie group debuted," Wonho hinted, taking the pen and paper and jotting down something random to seem like he genuinely was writing something significant. "They're called Mode-L."

"Mhm," Changkyun continued to stare at Hyebin, ignoring Wonho until...

"They're very pretty, especially the girl with the curly hair," He then smirked to himself, keeping his eyes glued to the paper in his hand, while Changkyun's eyes locked onto Wonho.

"Cur-" He breathed out in shock and intrigue. "What did you say the name was again?"

"Mode-L," Wonho chanted as though he was Cupid, feeling proud of his work. "Oh look, they're going on stage now!" Changkyun hurriedly spun around to witness Hyebin heading his way to go on stage and perform.

"Good luck!" Wonho cheered for them as they looked at him and sent him a smile of gratitude for cheering them on, bowing as they scurried past to meet the deadline time they had to get on stage and in position.

Only one member did not look at Wonho. Hyebin was too occupied staring at Changkyun whose dark eyes were locked on hers. She had never seen someone's eyes sparkle so much, it was as if they held the universe. Little did she know the universe in his eyes was actually her.

"Mode-L," he mumbled to himself as he lost eye contact with Hyebin, who was now on stage and getting into position.