Chapter 51

Mode-L walked through the terminal, following their managers out of the airport, where they were unexpectedly met with a sufficiently big crowd of around ninety fans, maybe even a hundred. Thankfully they had wore airport fashion, however, since they had gotten an early morning flight their faces were bare.

Jiyeon had pulled out her mask, not feeling completely confident with her bare face. Some other members like Mirae and Subin weren't really bothered about their visuals too much so they didn't bother with their mask, feeling comfortable in their current state. Youngji, Sooyeon and Hyebin were feeling confident and didn't mind them taking photos. Youngji was young so her skin was still fresh and beautiful, while Sooyeon was older but her skin was practically that of a babies due to her amazing skincare routine. Hyebin had never really been into makeup so it still felt like a normal thing despite having to wear makeup all the time nowadays.

"Unnie, please notice me!" Someone shouted to Sooyeon, making them laugh when they screamed after managing to capture her attention.

"Did you have fun?" "Did you eat well?" "I hope you had a great time!" "You did well!"

The fans constantly threw questions as them, however, their female manager was urging them to continue onwards to the vans so they couldn't answer them properly. They were grateful for their questions though and tried to speak loud enough to let them know how they had fun and visited some pretty places, taking some photos for the fans and promising them a vlive soon.

"You're a big hit, Hyebin!" One fan managed to call out beside Hyebin, leaving her blushing as she turned to look at the person. "Your drama is a total hit. It's going up every week in ratings. I hope you win an award."

"Thank you," Hyebin held out her hand to the fan, who hi-fived her before she was pulled away into the van.

Mode-L were taken to their new dorms, giving them time to put their bags away, change clothes and eat before they start their schedule for the day as usual. Since it was award season, the schedules were becoming less full, being filled up with hair salon appointments and dress fittings for award shows.

A majority of the award shows took part at the beginning of the next year, however, some were right towards the end of the year with a break in between for Christmas celebrations if their companies allowed them.

JTBC's new drama 'Sky Castle' with Hyebin in was raising in ratings each week and would definitely win an award, however, sadly that wouldn't be this year as it was only halfway through and would still be airing into the next year. This meant it would only be eligible for the next years award shows.

Mode-L were invited as nominees for some award shows in the rookies category and ended up winning one out of the three they were nominees in, which made them feel overwhelmed with emotions leaving them crying on stage. They hadn't trended number one with a song yet but they hadn't fell off the charts since their debut, with three songs still currently ranking in the top 20's.

They were surprised to have even won one since they were against big rookie groups like (G)-Idle and Izone who had big followings with their first debut song alone. To even win one, they were more grateful than they could ever manage to express. Some international fans expressed their dissatisfaction, commenting about how it was rigged and they had stolen a win with money, connections or committing vulgar acts of prostitution.

Thankfully, Mode-L weren't too affected by such rumours as many Korean fans as well as Korean non-fans defended them by saying how their song was played a lot in shops and on the radio and how they were indeed rising everyday with screenshots showing their follower count jumping up each day.

Hyebin was also invited to an awards show for actors and actresses as she was nominated for best new rookie actress and sadly lost but she was thankful to be even recognised enough to be nominated for her acting. She was so thankful for the support she was receiving and was surprised when many sunbae's recognised her backstage and congratulated her, asking for pictures together and exchanging contacts.

She was even happier when the cast of 'Seoul Searching' were reunited for an award show as they were invited as a nominee for the best new variety show with half of the cast being nominated for best male and female newcomer award.

Since everything was being filmed from every angle, Changkyun and Hyebin couldn't interact as much as they wanted to but they were allowed to talk without hiding it since they were able to be seen as just colleagues chatting.

"Changkyun, you seem a bit angry tonight." A cast member teased.

"He just has his 'I'm afraid of being near a woman' face on right now," Hyebin joked. "One stare and the woman will be ended."

"I-" Changkyun was speechless, deciding to laugh rather than finishing his sentence. "Some fans get a bit defensive if I enjoy the company of pretty women so I'm just trying to make sure no one gets attacked tonight."

"Okay batman-" Hyebin whispered with a giggle, turning her attention back to the stage, where two comedians were now walking with their cards in their hand and an award.

"Next up is the best female newcomer..." The Male MC announced, proceeding to read out the list of nominees. "And the winner is..."

"Jo Hyebin," The Female MC shouted happily, making Hyebin smile as she recognised the MC as Narae.

"Go on," Changkyun ushered her up out of her seat as she seemed to have been nervous and unsure of what to do. "Should I walk you up?"

Hyebin shook her head, moving forward towards the stage, however, Changkyun ignored her response and walked beside her.

"What are you doing?" She whispered through a smile, trying to hide her confusion.

"Just in case you fall on the stairs in that big dress." He smiled, revealing his cute dimples.

"Looks like there is two Jo Hyebin's," Narae joked, as Changkyun became flustered.

Reaching down for the bottom half of her dress, he lifted it up slightly so her feet wouldn't get caught on the ends and make her trip over as she continued up.

"Oh, what a gentleman!" Narae sighed, filling in the silent gaps until she was on stage.

Accepting her award, Hyebin tried her best not to cry as she was making her speech to thank everyone, cursing herself in her head as she thought it was a mediocre speech and how she should have prepared before hand like others. Seeing how proud Changkyun was of her in the crowd made it even harder for her to hold back her tears, thinking about how her family also would be giving her the same look if they were there.

By the end of the show, they had managed to win best new variety show and best new female variety star. After the show was over, the cast took photos together backstage and mingled with others, allowing Changkyun to head over to Hyebin and speak with her alone.

"Babe," Changkyun whispered, sneaking up behind her and grabbing her waist playfully to turn her around to face him. "I'm so proud of you." Changkyun glanced over to the other side of the room then back at Hyebin with a grin. "So I got you a present."

"What?" Hyebin was confused, wondering what he had planned without telling her. "A present?"

"Close your eyes," he instructed, watching as she hesitated. "Do you trust me?"

Seeing Hyebin close her eyes, his heart swelled with happiness. Knowing she trusted him made him feel satisfied as he knew their relationship would be a great one for as long as they trusted and loved each other.

Making a signal, the sound of footsteps approaching her was making her heart race. What was going on?

"Open," his voice sounded cheerful.

Upon opening her eyes, she let out a shriek to see her parents standing there with flowers. Hyebin immediately broke out into tears, causing her parents to group hug her, repeatedly telling her how proud they were of their little girl.

Changkyun smiled at the scene in front of him. He had been making plans with her father on the phone to bring them down to Seoul and get them a seat in the crowd so they could witness their daughters achievements, even if she never won.

He was glad that Hyebin seemed to have enjoyed his present and decided to let her know he was leaving so she could spend time with her parents, however, they protested and ended up offering for the whole cast to join them for dinner so Changkyun could come along freely and to support the people who had made Hyebin's achievements possible.