Chapter 45

As Hyebin arrived to the main JTBC building, many eyes watched her with curiosity as they noticed all her wounds. By now it seemed like word had gotten out as the manager's phone rang. The CEO himself had called, meaning they were most likely in a lot of trouble...

"You'll be okay here right?" He questioned, helping her sit down in her seat. "I'll find a first aid kit or someone to help you so I'll be back in a moment."

Nodding, Hyebin watched as he left the room, finally answering the phone to the CEO. She was worried that her actions would cause him to lose his job. Just as she was about to stand up, some cast members filed in.

"You don't need to get up, it's fine." Chani and Yoon Sea both assured her, giving her a worried look.

"Did you go to the hospital?" Sea asked, walking round the table to observe Hyebin's condition closer. "They haven't been tended to..."

"I'm okay," Hyebin smiled. "My manager went to find some first aid kits or someone to help."

"Are they pushing you to do this?" Chani asked, sitting down beside her. "If they are we can help get you out of here."

"No," Hyebin felt thankful for their concern. "It was my choice, the manager wanted to take me but I refused."

"You are a true professional," A male cast member was standing by the door with his thumb up. "Seeing your passion is admirable. Even some of the biggest stars I worked with would make a fuss about a papercut and go to the hospital."

"If I work hard, I'll know that even if I fail I tried my best," Hyebin admitted, leaving them all looking at her in awe.

"You're respectable, hoobae." Sea grinned, patting Hyebin's shoulder lightly. "There will be camera's, I'll go get some makeup to borrow so we can make the cuts less noticeable."

"Thank you," Hyebin returned her smile.

"Hyebin!" The manager hurried in, with a kit and a staff member.

"This staff member will help you, she was a medical student formerly." The manager introduced, setting down the kit as the staff member stood at Hyebin's side and opened up the kit.

"CEO Joo told me to bring you to the hospital after this then we need to visit the police station to give a statement." Her manager informed her. "After we need to collect Youngji and I have to bring you guys to your next schedule unless the doctor advises otherwise for you."

After receiving first aid treatment, Hyebin was given a makeup touch over by Sea before the camera staff came in and everyone was finally ready to start. Everything went along smoothly and they were finished on time meaning Hyebin's schedule wouldn't take later than expected today.

In the van, Hyebin was browsing online to see her name trending on the online portals. Reading through, she noticed how the comments were praise rather than anything negative. They voiced how they felt pitiful for her being under such a company and calling her hardworking for continuing with her schedules instead of heading straight to the hospital. Hyebin was overwhelmed by the amount of people that cared for her so she wasn't used to such actions but she was incredibly thankful.

They had visited the hospital where Hyebin received a doctors note for some prescription for the pain she felt and cleared her wounds up, asking her questions to check for any concussions or other possible injuries. When they were sure she was completely fine, they sent her on her way to the police station, where she had to give a statement on what happened.

Once everything was cleared up, Hyebin continued with her schedules for the rest of the day, while her manager took the task of heading to the pharmacy to get the prescriptions and some other medical items such as fresh band aids for her to bring home with her.

Finally arriving at the apartment block after a busy few hours, Hyebin waved goodbye to the manager and went up to the dorm to find it filled with a load of gifts. Subin sat alone, uninterested of her surrounding as she was too enveloped in a game on her new phone.

"What's all this?" Hyebin gasped, touching a flower bouquet and smelling them as they seemed surprisingly sweet compared to the usual bitter smell of flowers. Her eyes noticed a card in the bouquet, her heart racing as she considered whether this was another on of Changkyun's tricks.

"They're for you," Subin paused her game, standing up. "Finally you're back so I can look."

Hyebin chuckled at Subin's nosiness, feeling comfortable that she didn't dwell too much on the incident which she wanted to forget. She had been shaken up and had tried her best to keep her mind occupied all day but there was a part of her that wondered what would've happened if she wasn't as brave as she was to jump.

"OH MY GOD!" Subin squealed, ripping open a basket hamper of various gifts. "This is real money!"

"What?" Hyebin hurried over to Subin, eyeing the thick stack of notes piled up, which had been hidden under a box of ginseng medicines.

"We can buy a thousand barbecue sets with this-"

"No," Hyebin rejected, finding Subin's priorities a little funnier than she should have. "We can't spend this, it might be bad money."

"But it's a gift... It would be rude not to spend it." Subin countered.

"What if it's a bribe and they later want to reclaim something from us?" Hyebin questioned, feeling paranoid, especially as Korean law was very against money being given in huge amounts.

"If I get to eat real Korean Beef for the rest of my life, they can take me away for all I care-"

"You don't mean that," Hyebin chuckled, noticing an envelope.

Picking up the envelope, she read the contents as Subin peered over her shoulder to read too. Both were surprised at the letter and sat in silence for a short moment after.

"Miss Lee has spoken... She said let us be rich!" Subin squealed, jumping about and dancing around the living room.

"I should send back the money to her," Hyebin shook her head.

Miss Lee, the writer of the letter and gift giver, had wrote about how she wanted to send the money to fund them so they can get a bigger apartment with good security, stating her interest of also wanting to invest in Mode-L's career.

"Fine but now I'm craving Korean Beef." Subin whined, plopping down. "Ooh! What if we called her and she brought us Korean beef?"

"We can't ask her to buy us Korean beef," Hyebin giggled, observing the business card within the basket as well as the rest of the content. "I will call her though to meet. It's only right I give her the money back in person."

"And when you meet in person, you can bring me and we can eat Korean beef together..." Subin hinted, causing Hyebin to sigh in response.

"I'll buy you Korean beef when I get paid for my drama." Hyebin offered as Subin sighed also.

"I guess I could wait a little."