Chapter 43

Mode-L's new comeback had trended at number three of the top five searches within the first day. Their bubble-gum retro concept had earned them the nickname of the third generation Wonder Girls, recognising them as a diverse rookie group by comparing their previous comebacks also.

Their comeback had earned them quite a bit of attention both from k-netz and I-netz for bringing back a refreshing end of summer song. Within the first week of promotions, the group had earned their first win, leaving them all emotional as no one had expected them to do so well, even the company were shocked since their former groups hadn't won on a show either.

A week later, Monsta X also trended as their comeback shoot out became a top track, gaining four wins throughout their promotions which was a record for the group. Due to strong competitors, Mode-L only had one win but they were more than happy with it as it was still a shock to them.

Although they didn't get anymore wins, the company decided to invest into more promotions, ensuring their newly earned fame wouldn't falter. As a result, their song had worked it's way to 15 on the charts during the first week and by the end they were securely in 11th spot.

Using the built up interest, the company released that Hyebin was going to appear in a new JTBC's newest drama called 'Sky Castle' as a main cast, portraying a daughter of one of the main families. The cast was filled with many great senior actors and some smaller unknown actors. Hyebin was happy to find out she wasn't the only idol at the script reading.

The drama was set to be released late November so Hyebin's schedule was filled with group promotions, variety shows and shootings for her drama. With all the good exposure of the group, negative rumours followed.

Netizens became obsessed with group, some anti's digging up on their past to find out more about them but nothing in particular stood out. Soon a school bullying scandal had arisen for Subin, however, once the company had threatened legal action, the netizen apologised for lying. Fortunately the company had let it go this time at Subin's request but they wanted the money earned from the lawsuit so they stated that next time they would go ahead with it.

Even worse... the group had their first sasaeng encounter with a thirty year old man, who waited outside their dorm every night. He was a big fan of them all, however, he had watched a drama with Hyebin in and was under the impression she loved him.

Their manager had warned the sasaeng that the company would take action and he did disappear for a few days. When he finally reappeared, he seemed to have become more dangerous as he had broken into their dorm and taken pictures of them sleeping. Thankfully, he caused them no harm, however, upon finding out the fans were enraged as well as non-fans.

Many had taken to online sites such as Pann to write posts and demand the company pay more attention to their group by getting them better security, moving them into another building and getting them more than one manager since there was six girls and their sasaeng was clearly dangerous as he was within their vicinity and invading their privacy.

During all the chaos, Changkyun and Hyebin couldn't meet each other, especially since Hyebin was being followed by a sasaeng, though, Hyebin didn't tell Changkyun about that, instead using the excuse of being busy.

The last thing Hyebin wanted was to be seen with Changkyun and potentially cause the sasaeng to act out and either harm someone or ruin their careers. It didn't matter much though since he was also busy so they just face-timed each other, especially since Mode-L had their first win, removing the phone ban so she now had her own private phone and it was a nicer model.

Even though they had their own phones, they all agreed on sharing the same group Instagram account instead of having their own. Everything was going well, of course there was some downsides but it was the happiest they had all been in a while. Hyebin had hoped to celebrate with Changkyun since there was a lot of good news for both of them but they figured that a little waiting wouldn't hurt.

Once their schedules had slowed down, they would most likely be able to meet up and celebrate together for a longer time.