Chapter 12

Hyebin was thrilled, of course, her passion was to be an idol but that didn't mean that she didn't desire to experience other jobs, she was actually rather appreciative of the opportunity to be a regular cast member on a new variety show despite being a nugu girl group member.

She had to confess that she was quite scared once she heard what the show was about, although beggars couldn't be choosers, the money obtained would support her in paying off her debts owed to the company and a small portion would also go to her so she could buy some nice food for once instead of bland salads and water which was as empty tasting as it's colour.

'Seoul Searching' was a new variety show which shows idols in a fake relationship with one another, coupled up and visiting date sights in Korea and creating innovative, new date idea's. It was creative and something she would probably watch but the fan wars and hate it would cause made Hyebin feel weary, the group was already suffering from the last scandal still so she was surprised the company had allowed them on the show, although it was a sufficient amount of money and the PD was willing to test on nugu groups for the first season so they could see if it had potential to operate multiple seasons after.

Suddenly Hyebin was snapped out of her thoughts as the screen in front of her was pulled down to reveal who she had been coupled with. In front of her stood a towering, attractive man with eyes like a cat and the cutest simper, of course, he was good-looking since he was an idol but besides that, he was god-level model tier-

"Kwon Hyunbin Sunbaenim?" Hyebin covered her mouth in shock and let out a breathy laugh. "Wow, you're so tall and good-looking!"

She felt the camera's get closer to her to view her reaction more in detail and felt herself become much more timid and anxious. Hyunbin sensed her nervousness and held out his hand to her so they could shake hands, trying to divert her thoughts from the camera's surrounding her.

"You're Jo Hyebin right?" He then laughed at her reaction as she was shocked that he knew her name. "I really like 'Where are you', it was a good debut. Not my usual style of music but I really liked your rap so I got curious and listened to it all."

"Ah really?" Hyebin gazed up into his cute cat eyes, her own eyes now sparkling with delight. "Thank you so much, I am a fan of you too. You were in my top 5 picks."

"I wasn't your first?" He let out a fake gasp, making her giggle. Their chemistry was really good, they were surely going to be one of the top couples in the show.

"Sorry, I was a debut Jonghyun sunbaenim stan," Hyebin pouted, "but you were definitely second!"

"This time I'm first to meet you though so I guess I won him this time," Hyunbin fooled around, his inner childishness popping out. "Team 2bin!"

"I like that!" Hyebin high-fived Hyunbin. "Team 2bin!"

"Cut!" The Pd-nim yelled out, getting up from his seat and strolling over to the pair with a grin. "What you guys are doing is great, please keep up the great work! Your chemistry together is great, you make a charming pair and I'm sure the viewers will love you guys."

"Thank you PD-nim!" Both of them chimed at the same time, smiling and bowing to him before he left the two alone to move onto the next couple.

"Let's work together well," Hyunbin turned to Hyebin, continuously beaming. "We're around the same age, let's be friends. You can use banmal (Informal speech)."

"Of course," Hyebin agreed. "You're one year older though, is it still okay?"

"You can call me Oppa or Hyunbin-ah, I don't mind which."

"Hyunbin-ah, you can call me Hyebin-ah or Binnie like my friends."

"Action!" The PD-nim called out, all focus on the next couple.

Everyone on set quietened down, Hyunbin slipping away for a bottle of water, while Hyebin remained to support her groupmates. She watched as Sooyeon was paired with someone named Lee Daeyeol from Golden Child, Subin was paired with Lee Jaeyoon of SF9 and Lovelyz Lee Mijoo was paired with Yang Hongseok of Pentagon.

Thankfully none of the idols on the show had bad attitudes or entitlement so the filming went by smoothly, everyone joining after a long day of work to go home or go with the rest of the team for a group dinner, paid courtesy of the main PD for the first shooting celebration.

Hyebin made friends with Mijoo, Hongseok and Hyunbin at the dinner as they were on the same table and exchanged numbers so the idols in the cast could make a group chat to talk. Overall, Hyebin enjoyed the experience and felt very joyful.