Chapter 34

It was finally the day of Mode-L's subunit debut; Mode-S with the title track "Rising Sun". The group had a full schedule ahead, starting with a recording of their sub-unit debut stage, followed by a filming for a variety show.

During her free time, Hyebin called Changkyun, immediately being bombarded by him congratulating her on the debut of her sub-unit and checking to make sure she was eating well. Hyebin also made sure he was eating well, making small chit chat as he showed her his view. He had his earphones in and seemed to be waiting alone on a coach with a view of the sun fading as it seemed to be almost night time where he was.

"How have things been?" Changkyun asked, his voice sounding deeper since he was most likely tired.

"Ah..." Hyebin contemplated on revealing the truth to Changkyun but she didn't want to lie to him. If he had hid something like this from her and she found out later on, she would be annoyed. It had to be now or never. "Something happened."

"Huh?"

Hyebin took a deep breath before starting to explain, "Someone kissed me. I can't tell you who because I don't want the person to be embarrassed or ridiculed for it. It was an honest mistake. Even though it was a mistake, I thought you should know because I want our relationship to be an honest one and you deserve to know. The situation has been sorted and I let them know that I'm in a relationship."

"They kissed you?" Changkyun no longer seemed tired, his jaw was clenched. He was clearly pissed and had a right to be.

"Yes but it was nothing. I pulled away as soon as I was aware what was happening and made it very clear to them. I have no interest in that person, only you." Hyebin reassured him, hoping to calm him down.

"I respect your decisions but I feel betrayed that you won't let me know who kissed you. If it means nothing then wouldn't you tell me?" All traces of anger left Changkyun, he now seemed more hurt than anything else. "I don't think I'll be able to let it go until I know who the person is, I'll just suspect everyone then and I don't want to be on edge every second."

"I can't reveal the name but you shouldn't worry. It was a woman and I'm not interested in women so you don't need to worry. To be honest, my heart did flutter but it wasn't because I have feelings for her, it was rather due to the fact that I felt grateful that someone as great as that person had liked someone like me and I felt guilty. I felt guilty that I couldn't reciprocate her feelings and even more so, I felt guilty that this had happened and you didn't know. You deserved to know, even if you wouldn't like hearing that someone else had kissed me."

"Thank you for telling me," Changkyun sighed. "I'm glad that you told me rather than keeping it to yourself and I understand your reason for not telling me the name. It must have been hard for them to confess to you and reveal their sexuality since it's something that is often frowned upon. I must admit though, I am on edge even more now. I have to look out for both men and women who want to steal you away from me."

Both of them chuckled at his joke. Hyebin's heart felt light as a feather now that everything had been resolved. She was glad that he was able to let it go and make a joke out of the situation.

"I am still a little jealous but knowing that I have your heart puts me at ease." Changkyun pouted.

"You do," Hyebin smiled. "I love you."

"I love you too," Changkyun smiled back, watching as she blushed. "You also completely have my heart. I didn't think it would be possible to feel this way. You make me feel like the happiest man on earth. You're honest, kind, beautiful, funny... How did someone so perfect fall in love with me?"

"The real question, is how did someone as perfect as you fall in love with me?" Hyebin felt tears begin to prick at her eyes. "You're talented, funny, handsome and I just don't understand. Right from the start, it seemed as if you loved me and I felt inferior as I couldn't return it. I'm the type to weigh out my options and think carefully before going into something so it felt as if I couldn't give you my whole heart but now here I am... You really have my whole heart."

"I did love you from the start. As soon as I bumped into you, my heart had been captured. I was supposed to head back to my waiting room but instead I stayed to watch you perform. From the start, there was no other person in my eyes and even now, you are the only one I see. You are a careful woman. There is nothing wrong with that. Love hurts, if you rush into something it won't end well but since we waited, there has been no hurt within our love. Our love is sweet and will hopefully be eternal." Changkyun's speech had brought Hyebin to tears.

"My makeup-" Hyebin crying turned into laughing. "I have a full schedule, I'm going to be scolded. This is your fault for being so goddamn perfect. It's been hard without seeing you in person but I believe the patience will pay off. When we see each other again, I think things will be different. Even though we spent a long time apart, I think we'll be even closer than before you left."

"I think so too," despite it being late where he was, Changkyun seemed bright and upbeat unlike at the beginning of the call. "You should hurry along to your schedule and get your makeup fixed."

Hyebin laughed, waving goodbye before ending the videocall. Moments later, a photo spam came through the phone. Hyebin stared at the photos, scrolling through them and saving each one. He'd sent photos of himself and the places he'd visited on tour.

"My boyfriend's so handsome," Hyebin mused, hiding her phone away once again before exiting and re-joining her members in the hallway, where they waited for the manager to arrive so they could attend their next schedule.

"Your eyes are puffy, have you been crying?" Subin questioned worriedly.

"I felt randomly emotional," Hyebin lied, chuckling along with her members.

"Jia Unnie is gonna scold you," Mirae warned Hyebin, referring to their makeup artist.

"I know, I'm dreading it." Hyebin couldn't help but to laugh despite the situation being serious. The makeup artists seriously hated having to redo makeup when an idol ruined it and would often scold them harshly. It wasn't the case for all but the ones that they had met so far seemed to all be like that.