Chapter 8

Blurry. Once again, the days were blurry but today seemed way too blurry and messy for Hyebin's liking. Their group were climbing rankings and gaining publicity. It was great for the company as they used the opportunity to book in events and even managed to get some variety show appearances, nothing too big but enough to help stabilise content and fans, however, the company had strict policies against groups interacting with those of the opposite gender so they suspected that a member had been in contact with one of the members of Monsta X so the whole group had been summoned to the CEO's office.

They were all concerned about which member it was as the CEO was ruthless with rules, they'd seen it with Sunhye. Youngji seemed to be on the verge of tears, afraid to lose one of her unnies who she'd grown familiar and comfortable with over the past few months. Hyebin was troubled as she recalled the group's brief interaction with Wonho backstage in Show Champion. Was Wonho interested in a member? Was he already in a relationship with a member? Was it another member? Hyebin had only listened to Monsta X, so she only knew a few members from memes or her friends gushing over their bias.

"Are any of you in a relationship or have you made any contact with a member of the group Monsta X?" The CEO questioned.

"No," they all echoed in unison as if planned, their bleak tones all blending as if only one had spoken up.

"Before you guys arrived, the company clarified over phonecall that a member was a fan and accidentally followed the account. I would like to believe this, however, I do have my doubts that a famous group from a big company would be a fan of some nugu debut group. If you confess now, you will not be kicked out of the company or the group nor break up with the member but you will be forced into secrecy until the group gets bigger. Right now you guys are in a good position to succeed thanks to this mishap, however, the next time I will not be as lenient."

"I'm not dating, I did receive some numbers but I refused," Mirae stated, glancing at Hyebin. 

"Youngji is too young, Sooyeon unnie is occupied with work and never goes without a member by her side, Subin's only love is dancing and Woo Dohwan dramas, Jiyeon has no interest in love or marriage just her singing and Hyebin... she-"

Hyebin felt anxious, she knew Mirae was close with her as they were roommates and got along considerably well since they were the same age but she didn't know if Mirae would betray her from the pause she took. Mirae was beside her the day that Wonho had come over and could easily snitch on her. Snitch about what? Hyebin was innocent, however, the victim could always be falsely accused.

"Hyebin is too harsh on herself, she doesn't have a second to herself despite being awake 24 hours a day."

The CEO sighed out in relief and tilted forward with a sadistic looking grin.

"That's great then..." He looked Jiyeon up and down then looked at Sooyeon. "You're leading the girls well. You guys may go."

As they all got up to exit, the CEO called out Hyebin's name making her spin round, her hands trembling somewhat. Why did she feel so guilty?

"Don't be too hard on yourself," He called out, waving goodbye one final time. "Work hard when necessary."

No. Hyebin sent him a fake smile and turned to exit. She couldn't slack off for a second, she worked too hard for this and would work harder so she won't hold them back. The responsibility they held was too high for her to allow herself to slip under the radar for a moment's rest. When they get rest time, she would rest then but for now, they were actively promoting and she would do her best to remain active and improve every day, even just a little.