Chapter 9

Fresh air. It was nice. Others around her complained of the coldness that still lingered from the winter, despite it being spring, however, Hyebin found it refreshing. Being on stage under the lights and being closed in was uncomfortable at times as it was disgustingly warm. Hyebin preferred it being cold rather than it being hot and stuffy, especially on days like today when the fine dust levels were low.

Mode-L were performing today at an outdoor concert for university students, so the aura was completely different compared to normal stages inside. They were surrounded by so many people similar to their age, it was nerve-wracking. Majority of them had been in the same position as them and it brought back many bittersweet memories. For some who were young like Youngji, it made them feel nervous as they were older but at the same time, an excitement filled them as this was going to be them, maybe with a little less free-time but still...

"It feels like another lifetime that I was a university student," Sooyeon whispered, her eyes twinkling with joy as she examined every little detail around her. They'd never seen her like this, she almost seemed like a child, her innocence overflowing. "It didn't seem like such a big deal to me at that time but I'd give anything to be as happy as I was back then."

"Not that I'm not happy now," Sooyeon chuckled.

"Soon our little Youngji will also be in university, I hope she'll be just as happy." Hyebin chimed happily, pulling Youngji closer and giving her a back hug from behind. "Can I bring you every day?"

"Yes," Youngji giggled, swaying sideways with Hyebin, whose arms she was wrapped in.

"Jiyeon's smart, she does business and enterprise." Mirae joined in the conversation, "I was so surprised when I saw her around our campus. It was from that moment on, I realised that I'm bad at studying." Mirae then laughed along with the others.

"You're not bad, you just haven't found something you're passionate about studying. It doesn't matter though because you have something else you are good at and you're hardworking." Jiyeon complimented, sending Mirae a warm smile.

At first, Jiyeon's smiles were rare but eventually, the members had managed to bring her smiles out and now she was almost as happy as Hyebin. She worked hard the past few months up to debut and reached her weight goals, she ended up finding fitness to be a stress reliever for her so now she was one of the most muscular members in the group. Her change in hobbies definitely helped her to develop her confidence and with it, she became happier.

The girls may not have known each other for a long time but they had already formed a great bond. They weren't exactly soulmates but they had reached a good balance between friendship and colleague, maybe soon enough they'd find themselves as close as family.

"Guys, I overheard that Monsta X were gonna be here today," Subin warned as she came over to the group. "Remember to keep your distances, we don't need any more controversies."

"Ah okay," A male voice rang out from behind Subin, alarming all the girls within the group. "I'll try to keep my distance. I was just wondering if I could get an autograph sign as your biggest fanboy."

There he stood in all his glory, Wonho... How could anyone be so charming and hot yet so cute at the same time? Surely he would have a girlfriend or boyfriend, he was too perfect not to.

"You'd have to check with our manager if she gives you the all-clear we'd be more than happy to sign for you," Sooyeon spoke up as the leader, knowing the right things to say. She was truly admirable.

"That's great!" Wonho chuckled happily, clasping his hands together and turning to look for someone. "Where is your manager?"

"She's the one in the beige jacket and brown hair," Youngji piped up in her cute cheery voice, making them all smile.

"Oh really," He sent Youngji a thumbs up. "I want your autograph first, thank you for helping me little one." Wonho then jogged over to their manager and engaged in a conversation with her for a few seconds before leaving in the opposite direction and coming back a few moments later, his hands filled with a stack of things.

"This is crazy, I can't believe a popular sunbae likes our group!" Jiyeon exclaimed, glancing at the members. "I wonder who he likes."

"Jiyeon-" Hyebin playfully hit Jiyeon's arm and laughed.

"Come on, he has to be crushing. I bet he doesn't even know our names." Jiyeon laughed.

"Either way, a handsome man paying attention to us is nice," Subin answered honestly making them all giggle at her outgoing comment. They all nodded their head in unison though, except Youngji who knew she was too young for this but she didn't mind because it was funny.

"Hey," Mirae waved as Wonho was getting closer, to be polite but also to alert the others to finish the conversation about him.

"Do you need a hand?" Hyebin asked, noticing that despite his big build he was struggling to carry the items in his hand.

"In marriage?" He joked, making their hearts flutter with his charm and Hyebin's cheeks blush. "I'm joking although I'd really appreciate the help."

Hyebin grabbed the top few stacks of album's from Wonho, that seemed to have been signed. She was careful as to not smudge any in case the ink was still not dry.

"If you could pass them out please, I got the group to sign them for you guys. I hope you are all blessed with my photocards... and Changkyun's," he then glanced over at Hyebin and sent her a teasing smile. She didn't notice it, however, Wonho knew that one day she'd realise and the situation would probably come back up.

"Thank you so much!" Youngji admired the album cover and the signatures, opening it as soon as she received it and flipping through the pictures.

"No problem, little lady." He seemed good with children, he'd make a great dad or older brother for sure. "But first I need you to sign first. Since you guys don't have an album yet, I brought your postcard debut sets so I could get them signed." He handed the pen over to Youngji and the postcard with her on it.

After she signed, they continued to pass round the pen as Wonho handed them each their postcards so they could sign it and made small chit chat with Youngji.

"Isn't my signature pretty?" Youngji asked with a smile as she flaunted the postcard, waving it around in his face.

"It's so amazing, I'm jealous!" He pouted making her giggle.

"I spent 10 hours practising it to perfection. I did well right?"

"I think it may be the prettiest signature I've seen in my whole life!" He then over exaggerated it with big hand motions.

"Oh, I almost forgot," Wonho turned to Hyebin and handed her another postcard of herself, leaving her feeling confused. "My friend is a big fan and you're his bias. Would you mind signing it for him?"

"Of course," Hyebin smiled. She was grateful to know that she had fans of her own, however, she felt guilty to the rest of the group as only she was signing an extra one. "What's your friend's name?"

"Kyunnie," Wonho felt proud of himself in this moment. "Oh and can you put a little heart by his name too, he'll have a meltdown and cry."