Chapter 57

As the new year celebrations were under way, Changkyun had managed to escape their night schedules to visit each other. Making their way over to a secluded spot, Changkyun and Hyebin set down a blanket to sit on, cuddling up together since it was cold.

"I'm glad we can spend time together like this," Hyebin smiled, resting her head on Changkyun's shoulder.

"Me too," Changkyun agreed happily, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a box. "Remember when we became elongated fiancés?"

"That sounds so weird," Hyebin chuckled. "But continue."

"Well, I was thinking... We need rings." Changkyun opened the small leather box to reveal a matching set of diamond rings.

"Kyunnie-" Hyebin gasped, looking at them in astonishment then at him. "Were they expensive?"

"Define expensive?" He grinned.

"You didn't have to," Hyebin pouted. "I would have been fine with even just a candy ring."

"But a girl as beautiful as you deserves an equally beautiful ring," Changkyun flirted, reaching out for her hand and sliding on a ring. "And a man as loving as me deserves a loving kiss right about now."

"He does, doesn't he?" Hyebin smirked, leaning in to kiss him.

Both their hearts fluttered just like the first time, being together feeling as fresh and loving as the start of their relationship. Changkyun's loneliness had vanished from the moment he had met Hyebin, his empty heart being filled completely by just one glance at her.

Pulling away from the kiss, their foreheads resting against one another as they stared into each others eyes. "I promise to love you until my last breath," Changkyun whispered.

"I promise to love you even after my last breath," Hyebin gave Changkyun another kiss.

A sudden explosion, made them both pull away with widened eyes then laugh when they came to the sudden realisation. They had forgotten they had came to watch the new year fireworks. Bright colours filled the sky just like how they had given colour to each others lives, brightening it up once again.

"You're still my moon," Hyebin mumbled out, turning her attention the firework display as she rested on Changkyun's shoulder again.

"You're still my sun," Changkyun smiled, looking down at her then up at the sky.

With a new year came new opportunities. Each month that passed by, their lives improved, both groups careers grew to new heights. Everyone was happy and content with their lives for now, living each day as it went by. Some days good, some days bad, though for Changkyun and Hyebin, a bad day could turn into a good day with just one message from the other.

Sooyeon was gaining popularity for her amazing visuals and motherly personality, becoming a top visual with Jisoo and Irene. As a result she received many endorsements and modelling deals. Since her passion was singing, she longed for more songs but she knew they would come with time and they did as she soon received collaboration offers from gifted vocalists such as K.Will and skilled rappers like Jay Park.

Subin became popular for her no-tolerance attitude, her acts of shielding female idols from rude fans who filmed under skirts, being praised. Her personality on variety shows, gained her a stable fan base and her appearances gave her the chance to show off her dance skills, making the CEO recognise her potential and offer her to choreograph a dance for their new first full album.

Mirae's kind heart was praised as she sent money off to her grandmother and used a majority of her remaining to start up selling a small line of t-shirts where the money is donated to the elderly within Korea, who are struggling with poverty alone. Her small campaign received her an award for helping with the crisis and became a second passion to her.

Youngji received an offer in a tvn drama as a main character's daughter in a show. Her good performing, leading to her receiving more drama offers. Finally her dream acting career was growing and she was gaining a passion for performing, enjoying her idol life despite it being quite exhausting as she had her unnies by her side... her family.

Hyebin's acting career was at it's peak, her rapping skills being acknowledged through the second full album, where Hyebin was given a solo intro. Jessi and Hyebin collaborated, their husky voices and rapping being a great combination and gaining them both more recognition.

Jiyeon's figure was a constant hot topic as netizens found it desirable earning her many advertisement and modelling gigs. Her insane vocals were recognised after a crossover subunit between Jihyo of Twice and Jiyeon known as 2Ji was released and charted high, securing her a spot as one of the best vocals of the generation along with a few others.

Life was great. Too great...

Changkyun sighed, flipping through the online portal to look for a good takeout place nearby as him and Hyebin were hanging out late. Accidentally refreshing, Changkyun's eyes widened as he noticed the trending words.

"What?" Hyebin asked, peaking over his shoulder. "Is there anything-"

ARTICLE: MODE-L AND MONSTA X MEMBER DATING?

"That's not us..." Changkyun mumbled out in shock, staring down at the two familiar figures. masked up in disguises.