Chapter 47

"Come play with me!" Hyebin tugged him along into the isolated park, the moonlight reflecting off the slide, lighting it up enough to make it visible within the dark.

Changkyun loosened up, laughing along with Hyebin as they climbed the equipment as though they were young kids. Changkyun sat at the top of the slide, patting his lap and reaching for Hyebin, pulling her to sit on it and wrapping his arms around her as they slid down.

Changkyun led Hyebin over to the swing set, where unfortunately there was only one so he offered for her to sit on it but she refused.

"Fine," he sighed, sitting down and grabbing her by her hip, pulling her closer to him. "If you won't sit on the swing, then sit on me."

"That's a bit-" Hyebin giggled as she watched Changkyun blush.

After laughing it off as a joke, she grabbed onto his shoulders, sitting herself on his lap so she was facing him with her legs wrapped around his lower torso safely.

"Not what I was expecting but I won't argue," he shrugged, wrapping his arms around her as they gazed into each other's eyes lovingly.

"You are so handsome," Hyebin complimented, leaving Changkyun feeling flustered at her comment.

He had been complimented for his looks by many people but hearing it from Hyebin made his heart race and his palms become clammy.

"This is a swing," Hyebin commented. "Aren't we going to swing?"

Changkyun pushed with his legs, the swing coming into motion slowly as her grip tightened each time and her eyes became significantly smaller.

"Are you scared?" He asked with a cheeky grin, thinking about making it go faster if it was so she would cling to him.

"No," she lied, focusing her attention on him and she brought her lips to his for a sweet kiss. "I am happy though..."

"I'm happy too," he smiled as she placed her head on his shoulder and cuddled up closer to him.

"I missed spending time with you." She sighed. "If we weren't idols, just regular free citizens, how different do you think our lives would be?"

"I-" Changkyun was caught off guard. "Do you regret being an idol?"

"No," Hyebin answered honestly. "I'm happy with my life and I enjoy my career despite challenges... I just feel like the more popular we get, the more it becomes harder to maintain a regular relationship."

"Our relationship will never be regular," Changkyun agreed. "It will be a hard one to maintain but I'm serious about us and I'm willing to stay by your side forever so isn't it worth the hardships?"

"Of course," Hyebin replied, wasting no time in thinking over the question as she was certain. "I'm serious about you too. I thought it would be impossible to love someone so much but then I fell for you. I love you."

"I love you too," Changkyun sighed. "Which is why I want to make a promise..."

"A promise?"

"Yes," he felt nervous bringing it up as she stopped cuddling him, pulling away to face him so she could look at him. "If we ever have to breakup due to schedules or fans and it gets too hard, can we make a promise to stay single for three years. If the three years are up and the problems are still the same and one of us wants to let go... only then can we completely break up."

"I think-" Hyebin paused for a moment. "I will agree to this promise but I seriously don't want it to happen. Even if we can't see each other often, as long as feelings are present, I want us to stay together. It's not much of a relationship but we have phones to message. A relationship between lovers that is similar to friends is a strong one and I think we have that."

"If we didn't, we wouldn't be here right now." He agreed. "Five months apart and I'm still hopelessly in love with you."

PING!

Hyebin pulled out her phone from her pocket, reading the message behind Changkyun's back. Watching her facial expression, Changkyun frowned.

"Is everything okay?" He questioned.

FATHER JO:

I'm furious. I'll be in Seoul in two days, please make time for your father.

Her heart was racing as she noticed 13 missed calls from her mother and her fathers message to her.

"I need to make a call," Hyebin's smile had vanished from her face as she climbed off Changkyun's lap, moving a few meters away from him so she could speak privately.

"Mom, what happened? Why is dad angry at me?" Hyebin mumbled down the phone, her hand shaking and her lips quivering.

Her father had only been angry at her three times in her whole 21 years of existence so of course she was worried.

"Well, we were in need of some cash for Dongwook's school trip and we were going to borrow from your little stash just until we got paid so we could refill it-"

"Wait, what happened to the money I sent to you guys?" Hyebin asked.

"We payed back our debts like you advised us," She replied, continuing on with the story. "Anyway, we remembered you said you had an emergency stash and made the decision to open it but there was no money in there and we were worried it had been stolen but then your father started rummaging through it and he saw the photos-"

Hyebin's heart dropped once she heard the word 'photos' as she remembered how she kept the photos of her and Changkyun in the box.

"I tried to stop him but he got mad and booked the day off work so he can come to Seoul to meet the man who has stolen his little girl." Her mother sounded equally as nervous. "He wants to meet the man too."

"I'm so sorry," Hyebin began to cry out, feeling scared that she had done something wrong by not telling them.

Changkyun rushed over, pulling Hyebin in for a hug as she sobbed into his chest, sniffling as her tears dampened his t-shirt and her phone shook in her hand.

"I'm such a bad daughter," Hyebin cried out as her mother kept reassuring her down the phone that she wasn't a bad daughter.

"You don't have to worry." Her mother tried her best to comfort her daughter despite being so far away. "I was 15 when I met your father, you are 21. You are a grown woman and I trust your judgement. I do have to say though, he's handsome as hell. We really do know how to pick them don't we?"

Changkyun was confused as Hyebin let out a laugh, still sniffling about.

"Are you okay?" He whispered as he knew she was still on the phone but he was concerned about her sudden change of moods.

"Oh! Is that my son in law? What does he do?" Her mother began to rant as she heard the man's voice in the background with her hawk hearing. "Never mind, I'll leave you young love birds to it."

"Mom-" Hyebin's voice sounded lighter now despite the anxious feeling still settling inside of her.

Once her mother hung up on her, Hyebin sighed, tossing her phone back in her pocket and pulling away from Changkyun.

"I am so sorry," she apologised, holding his hands as she stared into his eyes innocently. "My father saw photos of us and he got mad. He wants to meet you..."

"In two days."