Chapter 16

Finally they had arrived at their destination, Changkyun climbing out of the van first then offering his arm out to support Hyebin as she clambered out, the sea breeze blowing her hair into her face. Changkyun noticed and leaned forward without hesitation, brushing her hair behind her ear and smiling at her, his eyes scrunching up in content making her smile too at his cuteness.

Once again, they were in their own world, forgetting the cameras and the staff around them. Their explosive chemistry even had the staff hooked, forgetting their main tasks and instead stopping to watch them with envy and curiosity.

"Thank you," Hyebin whispered sweetly, her arm still linked up with Changkyun's from when he helped her out of the van.

"The beach looks so nice at this time of day," Changkyun pointed out, making her avert her eyes to the scenery in front of them. "Go stand over there."

"Why?" Hyebin looked at him in confusion.

"So I can take a photo of you," Changkyun responded, releasing her arm and pulling his phone out of his shorts pocket.

"Why?"

"Because you look pretty," He responded, without thinking twice, making her blush and walk over without any complaints to get in position. "Smile!"

Hyebin beamed happily, doing small actions as he took many photos of her until she gave up and came over to his side, peeping over his shoulder to glance at the photos. "Let me do you next!"

"Okay," He smiled, handing her his phone and going to stand where she formally stood.

"Smile!" Hyebin called out, snapping photos of him in different poses, stopping after she felt like she'd taken enough and looking through them. She smiled as she saw his dimpled smile reflecting back at her with the beach behind him. Even with a gorgeous view behind him, he still outshined it.

"What are you smiling about?" Changkyun asked wearily, sneaking up beside her and reaching out for his phone only for her to pull away and turn with his phone still in her hand.

Quickly, she exited the photo app and turned around, not expecting him to be so close to her, both their faces mere inches away from one another, her eyes looking up into his and glancing down at his lips for a split second before focusing once again on his eyes. Her heart was racing, her palms growing increasingly more sweaty and her brain pausing as she tried to process everything.

As Changkyun decided to lean forward, her head pulled back slightly and her eyes closed momentarily, however, nothing happened. When she opened her eyes seconds later, he was looking down with his phone now in his own hands trying to find what she was smiling about.

Hyebin gulped and let out an awkward cough as she stepped backwards, her arms meeting behind her back and nervously fiddling together as she stared down at her shoes. "Nothing," She finally answered.

Changkyun let out a laugh to her late reaction, holding out his hand to her only to earn another confused stare. "Hand."

Hyebin placed her hand in his, not expecting him to intertwine his fingers with hers. Staring down at their hands, Hyebin's heart fluttered at how his big hands perfectly cupped her smaller hands. Changkyun's eyes examined her face, searching for any sign of a giveaway a to how she felt as his heart was racing due to nervousness. She was driving him crazy, turning him into a lovesick fool whose only thoughts were her but he wasn't bothered by it as he enjoyed the warm, fuzzy feeling within him whenever she was around.

The 'couple' wondered around from midday, upon arrival, until later on in the evening where they enjoyed a nice fresh seafood meal in a local restaurant before heading to the B&B. As they arrived outside before heading in, Changkyun stopped in his tracks, turning to face Hyebin. His eyes glowed in under the moonlight, sending her a smile for what felt like the thousandth time that day.

"While were wondering around earlier, I saw a small store and went inside to get you something. Close your eyes." Changkyun ordered, pulling out the paper bag from his pocket and reached inside, pulling out something which shined in the moonlight.

Changkyun carefully took her hand and wrapped around a dainty golden chain bracelet around her wrist, clasping it then letting her know she could open her eyes.

Hyebin gasped at the sight of the bracelet. It was so beautiful. Her fingers trailed over it, observing the charm on it which had the letter 'C', a golden rose charm and the letter 'H' attached to it. "It's beautiful!" Hyebin whispered, her eyes tearing up. She was so thankful for the affection and kindness he showed to her throughout their short time together on the show and of course without him, she probably wouldn't have gotten as far as she did in her career so far.

"Why are you crying?" Changkyun chuckled, leaning forward and reaching up to wipe a tear away with his thumb.

"I'm just so thankful," Hyebin managed to stutter out before crying even more.

"You don't have to be thankful to me. Please don't cry," Changkyun pouted pulling her in for a hug, his arms wrapping round her upper torso as he rubbed her back to try and calm her down. "Seeing you cry is breaking my heart."

Hyebin's heart was breaking upon hearing his words, she wanted to stop crying immediately but she couldn't stop herself. Everything was just so touching. Once the show was over, she didn't know if they'd remain in contact and be close friends or if he'd be reduced to just a bracelet and a happy memory.

"Please don't leave me," She whispered out as quietly as she could to avoid the mic capturing it, before continuing to cry again. She was unsure if he had heard her.

He did. He caught every single word she had just uttered and it made his heart flutter. Hearing that she didn't want him to leave her gave him hope. Hope for a new start, hope for love... Their love.