Chapter 42

Mode-L had recorded all three songs for their album by now and were busy focusing on their choreography and making any last changes before the music video shoot. Monsta X were also busy preparing their album once they arrived back in Korea as well as managing their schedules. Both groups were set to come back in October so it would be their second time promoting at similar times.

Currently, Mode-L were at a small festival performance, waiting backstage to perform. There were a few small acts and some big ones, Monsta X being one of the performances Hyebin was excited for. She wasn't a big fan before because she never had much time but once she'd had time to listen, she found their music refreshingly cool and of course her bias was her boyfriend although she did find Hyungwon appealing, not that she would tell Changkyun.

While Mode-L were talking, they noticed a certain person glaring at the group. To be more specific... Sooyeon. Walking over, Jimin made a snarky comment to Sooyeon causing the girls to crowd around Sooyeon. Jimin's members stood silently with the staff, all watching the situation unfold.

"I can't believe they let a slut like you become an idol," Jimin snickered, poking Sooyeon on the shoulder. "Why are you ignoring your sunbae?"

Monsta X and another boy group came into view, deciding to stay nearby in case anything kicked off, which it seemed like it would. Changkyun's eyes searched for Hyebin, observing her hands balling up into a fist beside her with a fierce look.

"Don't make me laugh," Hyebin reached out for Jimin's shoulder, turning her round. "What kind of a sunbae sends their hoobae's threats and disgustingly cruel messages?"

"You should mind your own business," Jimin's eyes rolled as she went to turn her attention back to Sooyeon.

"And you should wash your mouth out," Hyebin retorted, earning a shove from Jimin.

"Wash your skin first, no one wants to see a dark monkey on stage." Jimin's comment had made Hyebin boil with anger. What started out as defending a friend had now became personal.

Hyebin lunged for Jimin, Changkyun rushed in between swiftly, wrapping his arms around Hyebin who kept slipping out of his grip and hitting away Jimin, who also tried to throw hands but was held back by another boy group member.

"Racist bitch!" Hyebin yelled, managing to get in a slap against Jimin.

"Hyebin!" Changkyun tried to calm her down. "Calm down, you'll get in trouble."

Jimin and Hyebin continued to curse at each other, Sooyeon joining in to defend herself and Hyebin, leading to Wonho having to stop Sooyeon. When Hyebin kept ignoring him, Changkyun wrapped his arms around her waist this time, hoisting her up over his shoulder and moving her into a private area behind some big equipment so she could calm herself down.

"You're scary when you're angry," Changkyun attempted to distract Hyebin.

"She's lucky I didn't fight her. I go to the gym almost everyday." Hyebin laughed, her anger easing away almost instantly, returning to her regular bright self.

"Join my gym," Changkyun offered. "I go to a private gym. It's a bit pricey but it's worth it for the extra privacy. Especially since we are both too busy to meet these days, we can have gym dates."

"I will but not right now," Hyebin sighed. "I actually received an offer to star in a drama so I might be a little busy in the beginning and it could go to waste."

"Congratulations!" Changkyun smiled brightly, holding onto her hand. "Is the male lead hotter than me though?"

"Never," Hyebin chuckled, pulling her hand out of his. "We shouldn't do this here. I'm calm now anyway, I should hurry back to my group."

"Okay," Changkyun nodded. "Message me tonight?"

"Of course," Hyebin smiled, her lips twitching as Changkyun turned around and patted his butt.

Hyebin nodded in response with a chuckle, patting his butt to usher him off. The pair separating as Hyebin hurried back to the section where her members were. Sooyeon was still gone, however, they had least seen her with Wonho so they assumed she was in safe hands away from Jimin.