Chapter 26

After little to no convincing, Hyebin was granted permission to have two days off to visit her "family" thanks to the CEO's generosity and of course the money she brought into the company from her promotions. It wasn't completely a lie about her visiting her family, she just wasn't spending two days with them.

The plan was for her and Changkyun to take the train early morning and arrive at the beach so they could spend the whole day their and then they would part at the train station to take the late night train to their destinations, Changkyun's being his dorm to pack for his tour and Hyebin's being her parents house.

Mode-L's manager had dropped Hyebin off at the train station, wishing her a safe journey before heading off to bring Subin to her early morning schedule. Hyebin was thankful the manager didn't wait around or bring her in as her parents lived in Ansan and her train ticket was heading to the destination of Muchangpo Beach.

Continuing inside alone with her small suitcase, Hyebin headed through the station, heading onto the platform to wait patiently for the train. Her left hand held onto the handle of her suitcase while her right hand smoothed down her dress and adjust her handbag which crossed over her chest from her right shoulder, resting on her left hip.

Hyebin wore a plain black mask, a lilac purple flowy neck wrap shape dress which had a low V-neck and reached down to her mid thigh. The dress was perfect as it was awfully warm so the flowy, light material allowed for a nice cool breeze to bless her. Instead of the expected shoes, Hyebin wore white flip flops which seemed out of ordinary so she earned some stares. Thankfully, she had a pedicure the day before so her toe nails matched her flip flops, the white contrasting against her tan skin tone making her seem even more darker than usual, not that she minded.

A familiar figure appeared nearby on the platform, earning a sneaky glance from Hyebin, who confirmed it was Changkyun from the equally ridiculous white flip flops. She couldn't lie about the flip flops as they both seemed like weirdos, however, once out of the bustling Seoul they would blend it with the other beach goers.

Once the train arrived to the platform, Hyebin made her way on alone, searching for her seat where she would wait for Changkyun to join her inconspicuously so anybody who may have noticed one of them would have only seen them alone. A few moments later, Changkyun had wondered over to her and sat beside her.

"Do you want to sit by the window? You can take off your mask then?" Hyebin offered, standing up and moving over before Changkyun could even reject, ushering him into the corner. "How did you sleep last night?"

"I slept good," Changkyun grumbled with a small smile, pulling off his mask. "I usually wake up late so I'm just a little groggy."

"Sleep then," She ordered, adjusting herself so he could lean and rest his head upon her shoulder.

"What about you? Aren't you tired or uncomfortable?" Changkyun asked worriedly, not wanting to be a nuisance to her.

"I'm used to early schedules, I will stay awake and by your side till you wake up. Sleeping with your mask on will be stuffy, I'll keep you covered." Hyebin replied, running her fingers through his hair as he closed his eyes and let out a peaceful sigh.

As the train began to move, the wind filtered in through the open windows and provided a refreshing breeze to cool down the passengers within the heated train. Rays of sunshine shone down upon Changkyun's face, his eyes squinting subtly, though Hyebin still noticed his small discomfort. Hyebin raised her hand, hovering it a few centimetres among Changkyun's face in hopes it would block out the sun.

Over an hour later, the train had pulled up to the station where they needed to get off. By now Changkyun was awake, seeming more alive than he had earlier although he did walk slower since he had awoken five minutes before they had reached their station and was still a little drowsy.