Chapter 35

As soon as the MV for Mode-S sub unit dropped, it had became a hot topic online, earning both negative and positive remarks. Many commented on the revealing outfits, criticising the company for forcing them to wear it, however, once the girls reassured fans they are okay with it since the company checked first and explained the reasoning behind it, the comments became more positive.

Netizens praised the company for not allowing the younger members to participate in such a concept, although, that wasn't really due to the company. Mode-L went along with it and pretended the company cared about the members enough to do such things but in reality, it was all down to the groups convincing arguments and will to protect the younger members.

Since it reminded the public of the summer queens, Sistar, who had sadly disbanded leaving a space for the crown, the public enjoyed it. It didn't completely blow up but it charted at 87 on the charts immediately on the first day and had worked its way up to 56 within the first few days so it was an improvement.

Unfortunately, they were up against a lot of bigger groups so they most likely wouldn't get their first win either this time but they were doing better than their debut which was promising and would surely convince the company to invest in their group more. CEO Joo was also very pleased, personally visiting them for one of their stages with flowers to thank them for the companies stock rising too. They didn't mean to, however, the girls couldn't help but feel thankful they weren't going to get a first win as they wanted it to happen when they promoted as a full group once again.

Speaking of again, Changkyun and Hyebin were video chatting each other. Hyebin was hiding out in the bathroom, her earphones in as she stood inside the cubicle talking to him.

"I'm so sad," Changkyun was currently busy complaining to Hyebin about missing her promotions and not being able to celebrate with her. "I'm so jealous. Everyone else gets to go and watch you perform while I'm stuck listening to Jooheon moan about constipation."

Hyebin giggled at the TMI Jooheon situation, "You only want to see because of the outfits right?"

"No," Changkyun scrunched his nose up, pretending to be offended by her accusation, his lips curling into his usual cute and cheeky v-shaped smile. "Just a little. I mean, you look hot and I'm worried that the male and female idols will drool over you. If they ask for your number, please reject."

"I'll try my best," Hyebin joked. "Although I can't make any promises." Suddenly, Changkyun choked on air as the camera screen panned down to reveal Hyebin's outfit.

"Oh," Changkyun's eyes were widened, observing the outfit. Hyebin was wearing a cherry red leather corset, which made her bust stand out with a matching leather high-waisted shorts with red leather heeled-boots. Her hair was styled with big bouncy curls and her hair colour was changed to a dark raven black colour. Changkyun blushed just looking at her.

"I don't know what's more red, my outfit or your face?" Hyebin bullied him with a smirk.

"It's not my fault," Changkyun smirked back. "You look hot."

Hyebin blushed, "You're a fox."

"I am," he agreed with a laugh. "I miss you so much. I want to hold your hand, hug you, kiss you..."

"I miss you too," Hyebin sighed. "Maybe next time we video chat, you can wear a hot outfit too."

"I can do that," Changkyun agreed, glancing away from the phone for a few seconds before looking back at her again. "I'm sorry, I really need to go now."

"I should go too, I have to go to my next schedule in a moment." Hyebin blew a kiss at the screen as Changkyun pretended to catch it. "I love you."