Chapter 13

"ArRGGhHHhh!" Changkyun groaned in misery, hurling his pillow across the bedroom and falling back onto the mattress with a light thud.

He gazed at the blank ceiling as if it were the most fascinating thing in the world, fading out into a daydream filled with memories of the show he had just watched. Jealousy. Changkyun was perplexed, he had never felt this envious in his life. It's not like they were dating so why was he irritated seeing another man flirting with her on a date. He knew it was fake for the show's sake but still... many idols had met on shows and ended up dating one another, who is to say that Hyebin and Hyunbin wouldn't.

"Oh hey! You're watching this show too!" Minhyuk exclaimed, plopping down on the bed besides Changkyun. "Who's your favourite couple? I was so sad, my favourite couple split up."

"What?" Changkyun was confused, did he miss the concept idea of the show? Was there a voting system to split them up? Intrigued, he sat up and asked Minhyuk more questions. "What do you mean split up? Do they even do that?"

"No, Hyunbin left the show so Hyebin is getting coupled up with a new person and they're filming next week. If they can't find anyone, she'll be kicked off the sho-" Before he could finish Changkyun darted up, tripping over his cushion as he bombed it out of the room, leaving a highly confused Minhyuk in his room.

"Phone? Phone! Where's my phone?!" Changkyun screeched, speeding around their apartment in search of his phone.

After 5 minutes of searching, Changkyun managed to track down his phone and wasted no time in calling his manager, he couldn't risk losing an opportunity to get to know Hyebin. At least if he tried, he would have no regrets.

"Hello?"

"Hey I heard there was a spot opened for a variety show called 'Seoul Searching' and I think it would a magnificent opportunity for me to gain some experience in acting along with doing some variety show activities to fill my schedule." Changkyun blurted out very quickly, hoping his desperation would show how enthusiastic he was about wanting to do the show.

"I'll talk it over with the higher-ups and get in contact with the PD once they agree and I'll let you know at latest by 9 pm tonight." His manager chuckled, "You seem very passionate about it and I'm sure the PD would be happy that a big star is interested."

"Thank you, thank you so much!" He then terminated the call, letting out a sigh of contentment as a grin made its way onto his face.

By now, Changkyun's chaotic state had earnt the interest of the members within the dorm causing them to assemble around him with questioning looks.

"What was that about?" Minhyuk asked, finally getting the chance to find out what all the fuss was about.

"I think I'm gonna meet her," Changkyun's eyes sparkled with glee.

"Her? Who?" Hyungwon questioned, scratching his neck and giving Changkyun a weird stare. "Do you have a girlfriend?"

"Wait-" Shownu interrupted, "Did you speak to the girl you were crushing on?"

"Well no," Changkyun stuttered. "Not yet but-"

"But you're gonna meet and speak?" Shownu raised his eyebrow.

"No-"

"Then what?" Now they were all truly confused.

"Oh! Did you ask to go on the show?" The sudden realisation hitting Minhyuk as he pieced together the previous events and came to a conclusion.

"Mhm," Changkyun nodded shyly, glancing down as his hands as the blood rushed to his cheeks turning them a light shade of crimson red.

The boys all let out a series of noises sounding like "Oh" and "Woah" as they patted his back and teased him for being shy and liking a girl. In reality, they were really thrilled for him and all hoped that he would get the part for the show as they wanted him to be happy and to start dating. He worked hard but they could tell he was lonely and wanted to be in a loving relationship. He wanted someone by his side to support him and whom he could support and shower with love and affection.