Chapter 7

Hell. He was going to perish right at this moment. Changkyun could not believe his stupidity and carelessness, he was inevitably going to get in trouble. It's kinda hard to miss when an official group account follows a random person, but to make it worse, it was a rookie girl group. Even worse would be explaining to the higher-ups and his members how this 'accidentally' occurred. On the positive side, he was glad to see Mode-L social media going crazy with monbebe's discovering them and deciding to follow their page and listening to their songs, and the memes were quite humorous to him. The official account was being mass spammed with memes like 'which one of my boys shot their shot' which made him laugh, though, wherever there was love, there was hate.

Both Monsta X and Mode-L were trending on Naver main page and was catching fire considerably quick, ranking further up throughout the day. As both groups were currently promoting their newest songs/albums, the publicity being positive or negative didn't matter as both groups were now escalating up the music charts too from curious k-nets and I-nets. As Monsta X were a bigger group, they were ranking much higher, however, Mode-L were also impressive as they managed to jump up 25 spots from 73 bringing them into the top 50 despite being a nugu group.

"Everybody come out right now!" Shownu called out, making all members in the dorm wander into the kitchen and gather with perplexed faces as it was early in the morning.

"What?" Hyungwon grumbled, rubbing his eyes as he unintentionally bumped into a sleepy Jooheon whose hair was messily ruffled. "What time is it? Are we starting schedule early?"

"Which one of you guys did it?" Shownu asked. "Whose flirting?"

Everyone peered around at each other confused, though, one person's expression stood out immediately. Changkyun cleared his throat and stumbled back slightly, pretending his throat was dry but it was too late as the members had all noticed his unusually anxious demeanour.

"I'm gonna get a drin-"

"YOU!" Shownu screeched, half in shock and half in a teasing manner. "OH! Our maknae wants a girlfriend!"

All the members shifted to stare at him. They had no clue what was going on but they knew whatever happened was with a girl and public enough for Shownu to wake them at such an ungodly hour to discuss.

"Context?" Kihyun turned to look at Shownu, still bewildered like the majority of the group.

"Well for 4 hours we've been trending on Naver due to following a girl group on Instagram," Shownu then turned with a teasing smirk on his face to face Changkyun. "Someone decided to do a little internet stalking and got too handsy with the follow button."

"Is she pretty?" Minhyuk questioned with a cheeky grin, taking Shownu's phone from him to have a look. "Oh... they? Which one is it?"

"No I-" Changkyun tried to defend himself but before he could finish, Wonho was already filling them in on which girl was Changkyun's little crush. Changkyun let out an agitated sigh and glared at Wonho.

"The one with the curly hair," Wonho pointed out, leaning over Minhyuk's shoulder with Kihyun and Hyungwon peeking too. "Yeah her."

"Ah she's really pretty, I like her. She reminds me of Hyolyn sunbaenim." Minhyuk grinned teasingly in hopes of pissing of Changkyun a little, however, his comment earned a glare from Changkyun.

"Ya, don't do anything. Just stop. I don't even like her-" Changkyun nagged, seeming slightly pissed about being teased.

"Please, I thought your eyes were gonna pop out from staring at her so much. Your jaw was practically on the floor you were that taken by her." Wonho retorted. "It's cool that you like someone. It's been a long time for you and I haven't seen you this distracted in forever. You should go for it, we will help you."

Changkyun hesitated. He wanted to get to know her more but he didn't want everything else that would follow to hurt her. She seemed a bright and cheerful person if fans caught on and bullied her or higher-ups from her company kicked her out, he would feel like someone who had destroyed her life and wouldn't want to see the brightness and happiness disappear from her. She was like the sun and he was the moon, but he knew that when both aligned something so magical yet dangerous would happen. For now, he would brush it off and focus on his work, just until everything clears up and quietens down.

"Nah, I'm good." Changkyun denied, exiting the room. "I guess I'll be called to the company building to sort it out. Might as well get dressed now."