Chapter 39

A small green building was located nearby the broadcasting station so they headed there for a group lunch. It seemed to be a place designed for lunch only since it was open between the hours 10am to 4pm with a selective menu consisting of light yet filling meals such as salads, pastas, sandwiches and soups.

Changkyun and Hyebin found themselves being sat together once again, this time being no different as he persisted on holding her hand the whole way through the lunch, leaving her as flustered as the first time.

Halfway through the meal, Hyebin headed to the toilets, hoping to hurry back and finish her food since it was quite delicious. Unfortunately, Changkyun had other ideas as when she exited the toilet, a hand reached for her and pulled her round a hidden corner at the end of the hall. A giant plant hid them out of view, only Hyebin and Changkyun knew they were there.

"What are you doing?" Hyebin scolded him for being careless. "What if someone saw? If they come to look for us-"

"I couldn't wait to see you alone," Changkyun pouted, leaning forward. "And to kiss you."

Hyebin's heart fluttered as their lips moved in sync. Oh how she had missed the feeling of his lips upon her own... As the kiss deepened, the two were forced to pull apart, realising they had spent too much time away from the others and could be caught at any moment.

"You head over first," Changkyun advised, giving her one last peck on the lips before unwrapping his arms from around her waist. "I'll be out shortly after."

Retuning to her seat, Hyebin engaged in a conversation, anticipating Changkyun's arrival once again after their exhilarating hidden moment. Approximately one minute later, he reappeared, sitting down beside her once again and grabbing her hand to hold.

"What's up with both of you?" Solar teased Changkyun and Hyebin. "You both look all flustered."

"Ah-" Changkyun nods, coming up with a quick lie. "It's hot in here. We were talking about it earlier."

Across the table, Sooyeon sent the pair sneaky glances, raising her eyebrows and smirking at them, making them feel awkward as they had forgotten she knew of them. Hyebin sent her a glare, leaving Sooyeon to laugh and turn to finish her conversation with Johnny and Subin, although, it mainly consisted of Johnny and Subin arguing and Sooyeon laughing.

When Johnny started talking to Changkyun, Hyebin felt herself become a little anxious as he kept asking Changkyun about the women he'd met on tour since he was single and handsome. Changkyun joked about all the underwear being thrown on stage, causing Hyebin to become jealous.

Trying to free her hand from his, Hyebin was unsuccessful so instead she moved her other hand from on top of the table, to squeeze his thigh under the table, making him jump slightly. Hyebin changed her tactic since he wasn't responding to her previous one, opting for something a little more daring.

Since he kept his fingers intertwined with hers, Hyebin separated their palms instead so that she could place his palm over her bare thigh. Hyebin smirked to herself when she noticed Changkyun shift. Taking a peek at him, Hyebin noticed Changkyun gulp nervously and clear his throat, deciding to change the subject after finding out Johnny had also lived in America.

Hyebin used her free hand to draw circles on the back of his hand while it still rested upon her thigh. After finishing his conversation, he turned to Hyebin and sneakily whispered for her to stop. Changkyun seemed tense and nervous, while Hyebin was smiling to herself for successfully distracting him.

"Why?" Hyebin challenged.

"Because we're in public-" Changkyun replied. "And it's making me all" Changkyun started doing weird hand gestures, since he wasn't even capable of using words to describe how he felt.

"I'm sorry," Hyebin chuckled. "I was jealous."

"There's the fox I know," Changkyun joked. "Will I even be able to leave alone tonight?"

Their hushed conversation, caught the attention of Johnny, who started to question them,

"You guys seem close..."

It was as if he was hinting that they were in a relationship.

"We're good friends. The cast are very close still. I went to a spa with Mijoo a couple of days ago." Hyebin replied eagerly with a smile, beginning to feel a little annoyed by people trying to bring up the topic of them all the time.

"Changkyun is single, what about you?" Johnny asked, leaning forward in interest.

"Yeah," Hyebin answered vaguely, nodding. "I work a lot but these days I get a little more free time between schedules so I've been spending it with friends since I won't have time by the next comeback."

"We should hang some time," Johnny suggested, his hand moving forward, earning him a glare form Changkyun.

Changkyun felt jealous, even more so as he noticed the piece of paper in Johnny's hand getting nearer to Hyebin. In a moment of panic, Changkyun reached out and knocked over a drink all over Johnny's hands, completely dampening the note as Johnny laughed it off and grabbed a napkin off the table to wipe his hand down.

Johnny seemed pissed at Changkyun but laughed the incident off, however, Hyebin felt the tension between them since she was sitting beside Changkyun and directly in front of Johnny.

"Everyone is finished now?" Solar examined the table, checking if everyone was done. "We should probably leave now since we have busy schedules."

Everyone agreed, preparing to leave while the MC's used the company card to pay for the food while everyone piled up outside, waiting for them all to regroup. When they returned to the group to say goodbye's, Johnny tried once again, this time opting to get Hyebin's number instead of his failed attempt at handing his own.

Changkyun bit his lip nervously, watching Johnny swipe onto his phone contacts and head in her direction. Rushing over, Changkyun placed his hand on Johnny's shoulder, trying to keep him distracted for as long as possible for Hyebin to leave.

Seeing Hyebin and the rest of her group enter the van to head to their next schedule, Changkyun sighed out in relief and briefly said goodbye to Johnny and Solar before hurrying away to get a taxi back to his dorm so he could finally sleep.