Chapter 167: New body

"Ah... What was that dream?"

Erin opened her eyes. She was on top of a red ground and there were red rocks that appeared spiky. She awoke from a dream where she was encouraging the ORC to defeat Siegfried.

"Is this the afterlife? What exactly is this place?......"

When the Goddess looked up at the sky, the scenery is a mixture of different colors. It feels like she was looking through a kaleidoscope.

"If I remember correctly, I went after Shalba who took Ophis and I tried to save her. And then after that, I died... Did Ophis got summoned back? My memories are blurry.. I'm not exactly sure what happened..."

"{My child! Did you open your eyes? I didn’t know what was going to happen to you, but I'm glad that your faint chance of survival was achieved!}"

Erin blinked her eyes in surprise

"Voltaire? I thought this was the afterlife.. so does this mean...."

"{Yes! We successfully changed the outcome! Your faint hope of survival was met so even if you died, this means you will be brought back to life!}"

"Really?" Erin's eyes widened. "So I survived.. Wait- Are you crying, Voltaire?"

"{Yes but these are tears of joy.}" Erin could hear slight sniffles from the dragon.

"{I'm glad that you survived. You are really lucky. You are able to win that faint chance in which you will be brought back to life.}"

"Well, I guess we would be a tandem for a thousand years longer." smiled the Goddess and Voltaire agreed at this.

Erin examined her body and noticed some changes.

"Weird. I don’t have any sense of
touch.. *gasp* I don’t have the sense of touching anything! I’m wearing the armor right now but I don’t have the sense to feel that! What is going on!?"

The Goddess shifted her gaze to her hands and was shocked to see her hands missing.

"I-Is this the same with my whole body….?I don't know what is
happening to me."

"{Your body was destroyed with Samael’s curse. You are in a state where your soul was taken out of your body and put into the armor. You can say that just your soul is left. But it was a hard decision whether this was actually possible or not. Like I said, you are really lucky to be alive despite the possibility of your survival to be less than 10%}"

"My body was destroyed? So right now, I am residing inside the Sacred Gear?" Erin contemplated for a while.

"What about Ophis? Where is she anyway? I'm not sure if my memory is right but I died before we got summoned back, right?"

“Hit hit hit.”

Erin saw Ophis who was meters away from her. The Dragon-God was hitting the ground and staring intently at it.

"O-Ophis. So you're safe." The Goddess sighed in relief. "Anyways, what are you doing?"

"I shall defeat Great Red."

"Great Red? What are you saying-

The Goddess looked down and realized where they actually are. She ran on top of the red ground and she soon found its end.

"So those aren't actually spikes… And this enormous sharp thing is a horn!?"

She walked a bit more and appeared on top of the head of a familiar creature.

"W-Why am I on top of Great Red……?" asked Erin with a bewildered expression.

"{After you defeated Shalba Beelzebub, you used up all your strength in the artificial dimension which was crumbling. After that the artificial dimension collapsed completely. Great Red passed by coincidentally then Ophis rode on Great Red while taking you with her. This is the dimensional gap. By the way, several days have passed since then.}"