Chapter 193: Magicians at Kuoh

3 days has passed since Rias and the others left for Romania. The ORC received calls from time to time and it seems that the trio arrived safely in the location. From there, Rias and the others have to head to the territory of the Vampires which is very difficult to travel on.

The ORC can only believe in Rias and wait for the good news as they continue on with their daily routines.

“Why are you putting on such a serious face?” Matsuda pokes Issei's forehead as they head to the sports ground. It's about time for physical education class and the students changed into their jerseys.

"It’s already winter. So moving my body in the sports ground is becoming more tiring." Issei snapped his finger. "No, I also hate it in summer since its hot!"

“Lately the physical education class has been targetting you, Issei. It’s alright if I team up with you, but I hate it if I have to take you on.” spoke Motohoma with a sigh.

"Nah. Don't worry about it. I can take them on." Issei proudly puffed his chest which resulted to him being yanked by his friends.

"You sneaky bastard. Let's see how that strength of yours will fair against us!" Matsuda snickered as he proceeded to beat up Issei.

"Hey! Cut it out you idiots!"

"Ever since we reincarnated into devils, our stamina and such has improved due to training and fighting strong foes." Erin remarked as she and the twins walked behind the perverted trio.

"If Issei-san doesn't hold back on his strength, he might surpass a normal human's level which is shocking for the others." Azusa said. "If he acts carelessly, he might exhibit his devil strength and attract the attention of his human peers."

"That's probably the reason why he is targetted, aside from being a pervert." Tsubaki snorted. "He does act careless at times."

Erin observed Issei laughing with his friends over a stupid topic. She didn't fail to notice Issei's gloomy look when his friends weren't looking. The boy's previous words flashed back on Erin's mind.

*(Flash!)*

“I became a being that is different from Matsuda and Motohama.… How long will I be able to remain friends with these guys? If it’s possible, I want to remain friends with these guys for the rest of my life..."

“……Hey, look. There are guys who are cosplaying.”

Matsuda pointed at a certain direction. Erin and the others turned their attention at it.

“Oh oh, what is that? Are they something like a magician?”

Motohoma adjusted his glasses to take a better view. Erin shared a look with Issei as they realized the 'cosplayers' were indeed enemies.

"Shit! This can't be happening!" Issei clenched his jaw as he debated on what to do.

There are several people wearing magician’s robes in front of the teens and they have their hands aimed towards Erissei and the twins. They take off their hood and a magic-circle glow below their feet.

“Matsuda, Motohama, run.” Issei said sternly and his friends put on a serious expression at this.

“Ah, what’s wrong?”

“You look pale, Issei. Did something happen between you and that group of cosplayers?”

Sensing that the enemies are about to fire an attack, Erin activated her Geass to forcefully make Issei's friends leave.

“Matsuda, Motohama! Run away! Just go behind the building! Quickly!”

The boys ran off without question. Erissei and the twins jumped to avoid a magic blast hitting them.