Chapter 135: Chat with the Council

- Long chap ✏ -
____________________________________

Erin separated from Issei to get some snacks on the canteen. On her way, she encountered Saji by chance. The boy invited the Goddess to the council room and they shared a casual talk on their way

" I heard that you and the others were recommended for promotion. Congratulations."

"Thanks. To tell you the truth, I think it was rather sudden."

"Well, I think that the recommendation is appropriate. I mean, you guys went through a lot of life and death situations. I participated in the Battle against Loki and the Battle at Kyoto and you will naturallly die in battles like that. But, you guys survived and that is an accomplishment." spoke Saji with a smile.

"Are you going to skip through ranks? Don't you already have the power of High-class devils?"

Erin shook her head in response

"In terms of promotion, we have to become Middle-class devils first."

"Hmm. So the higher-ups don't have the good will to do what is obvious." Saji mused. "Kaichou said that the 4 of you have the power to become High-class devils so it should have been better if you guys skipped ranks."

"I guess we have to follow through formalities." replied Erin

"You and Kiba are especially crazy strong. I asked Kiba to spar with me last time but my attacks couldn't hit him that much. In my opinion, Kiba is a role model of a technique-type."

"Agreed. He is constantly searching for new techniques to develop."

"I also want to get a promotion but before that, I need to get stronger." Saji held a bitter smile and Erin placed a hand on his shoulder in assurance

"You are pretty strong enough. You do have the Dragon king Vritra with you."

"Not just me. I want to get stronger with my team mates. Kaichou has been discussing it with Grigori lately. About the Artificial Sacred gear, that is."

"Oh, like the one Azazel uses?"

"Yeah. We often participate in his experiments. As compensation, one of the non-sacred gear possessors in our group is going to be equipped with an Artificial gear."

"Hmm. If I remember correctly, Azazel's Artificial Sacred gear has one of the 5 great dragon kings named 'Gigantis Dragon Fafnir' who is residing in it by contract."

"Hai. Azazel-sensei informed us that there are a lot of variations in Sacred Gear. It begins with Power or Support Type. It also has Elemental types, Barrier Types, and the ones who have creatures sealed in them even by contract."

Saji enjoyed discussing about the gear and the Goddess nodded at his words

"There are still many things needed to be fixed, though. The power output of the Artificial gears isn't as stable as the Real ones and there is a limit on the number of times they can be used. But still, it is certain that we will become stronger and it won't be in vain when we use them."

"You're right. If the research of the Artificial gears improve, then in the near future it will become the power of devils as well." Erin remarked.

"Kaichou is also looking out for new members she can recruit to join our peerage." Saji grinned. "It's great since our peerage will now be complete."

They finally arrived at the Student Council room and Saji opened the door to let Erin in

"Ah, it's Erin-san!"