Chapter 199: Dragon-Kings

The man creates a gigantic circle. The light runs through the floor, and it glows while forming a circle.

“This is.. the Dragon Gate?!” Issei mutters

"Yeah, it’s the Dragon Gate! The one which calls the powerful Dragons!" Saji affirmed.

"When you remained in the dimensional gap, you were originally meant to be summoned through this." spoke Akeno to Erin.

"The Dragon Gate is emitting a green color. Doesn’t the Dragon Gate give
out the color of the Dragon which is being summoned?" Saji asked Issei.

"Yeah. I heard that Ddraig is red, Albion is white, Voltaire is midnight blue, Vritra is black, Fafnir is gold, Yu-Long is green, and Tannin is purple."

“A Green color? Then why is Yu-Long here?" Erin asked in confusion as she gazed at the glowing Dragon Gate.

"It's that easy going Dragon-King that we met in Kyoto, right Master? The aura around him back then was green." Tsubaki said.

Erin became suspicious, but Sona shakes her head.

“No, that color isn’t green…… It’s a darker……green color. So it isn't the Dragon-King Yu-Long."

"Now that you mentioned it.. it certainly is dark. It’s dark green." replied Erin as she and the twins shared a look of approval.

“Was there a Dragon that governs dark green……?” Irina mutters.

“There was. In the past, a Dragon which represents dark green.” The man in the robe answers.

Suddently, the glow from the Dragon
Gate gets brighter, and then spreads. The sound of a roar shakes the whole white field, and from the Dragon Gate an enormous mouth comes out.

Then what appears in front of the group is a gigantic monster with darkish scales, standing on two legs. The monster has thick arms and legs. Sharp claws, fangs, and horns. It’s spreading its enormously large wings, and it has a thick and long tail.

"Maybe it's more accurate to say that it’s a giant which has the features of a Dragon. A form which is close to human. But it has wings, a tail, and its head is completely that of a Dragon." Azusa remarked as he gazed at the monster.

“The legendary Dragon, “Crime Force Dragon” Grendel.” announced the man in a robe.

The giant Dragon with sharp fangs
opens its jaw. Its eyes glowing in silver color are bright and sharp, and it's filled with hostility and killing intent.

"Guhahahaha. It's been a while since going through the Dragon Gate! So, who is my opponent? She’s here, right? The insanely strong woman that I love so much!"

Everyone in the group became speechless at the sudden appearance of the Dragon. The size of its body rivals that of old-man Tannin. Except, there is a major difference when it comes to him. It’s not about its appearance but rather, the quality of the aura around Grendel is very ominous. It has a black aura where you can see its evilness from just one look.

A human-size black snake, Vritra, appears from Saji’s shadow. Vritra makes the brightness of its iris darker, and releases a voice filled with shock.

"Grendel……!?"

Erin's eyes glinted in recognition as she remembered what Azazel said.

"Azazel spoke of this guy a few days ago.. He is one of those Evil-Dragons. But I was told that he was already terminated! What’s going on?"

Vritra continues.

"……Impossible. This guy was terminated by the first Beowulf where there was nothing left after ending its tyranny."