Chapter 202: Report

Azazel, Rias, and Kiba have already entered the territory of Vampires. They borrowed a car when they arrived in Romania, and are progressing through a mountain road which is covered by a thick fog.

It is planned for Azazel to meet up with the vampires from the Carmilla-faction. Rias and Kiba will be heading to the House of Tepes and afterwards, Azazel will reunite with them.

Azazel witness Rias who is thinking about something in the mirror. The latter is sitting in the backseat of the car and seems to be in deep thought.

“Are you worried about your girlfriend whom you left in Japan?”

“I would be lying if I say that I’m not. She……no, those girls who love her have a more daring approach than me.”

Azazel started to tease Rias but the girl answers normally.

“It seems like your wife will bring more storms from now on as well.”

“I am prepared. But, since I decided to love that person, I will accept everything.”

"Oho, her dignity as the legal wife sure is showing up. She doesn’t panic even if I say the word wife." thought Azazel with a cheeky grin.

"There is no doubt. Erin-chi and Rias are a pair that look good together like the people around them say."

"Looks like we will be arriving at the area where the local staff from the Vampire’s side are waiting for us.”

Kiba who is sitting in the passenger seat has the map opened, and is staring at the compass used by Devils.

“What happened to Cao Cao? You did receive a call yesterday, correct?” Rias asks Azazel.

“It seems like Indra punished all of the Longinus possessors from the Hero-faction. That includes Cao Cao, Georg, and Leonardo. But according to Indra, he confiscated the spear, and sent those three to Hades.”

Azazel's jaw clenches

"It will make him look like the one who finished off the Hero-faction, even though he lent his strength to them. He used them to the very end, and he attained a reason for being in possession of the Longinus. The higher-ups would say "It can’t be helped for Sakra who punished the Hero-faction to be in possession of the Longinus for a temporary time."

Azazel scoffed lightly before continuing.

"……Damn, the one who defeated them are the young Devils, you know? He stole the good parts at the very end!"

The Fallen's past conversation with Indra flashed back on his mind.

Flashback:

"HAHAHA, that brat moved around without thinking about what he wanted to become, that’s why he failed. If he wanted to become strong as a human, then he shouldn’t have relied on Medusa’s eye. Since he spoke of being a hero while being half-assed that made him fail. As the result, that eye became fatal. Laughable, right? Laugh at him. At the end, he turned into a clown."

"Yeah, if he had continued to fight as a simple human, then the holy-spear would have lent its strength to his will." Azazel's tone became stern. "But wanting to become someone is part of being young. And isn’t the one who put such ambition in Cao Cao of wanting to become a hero, you, aye Sakra sama?"

"Well, to me, the "Toppuresu Dragon” who is a Devil and is calling herself a hero is also quite a clown, you know? What’s the point of a Devil being a hero? Isn’t it the desire of the Devils to deceive humans and control them from the shadows? No matter how much she lives on by saying innocent things, the group of those young Devils on your side are also evil and vicious “Devils” that live on by using humans, you know?"

Indra shrugged.

"It would have been more acceptable for her to label herself as a hero if she didn't reincarnate into a Devil. But even so, she wasn't a normal human to begin with. She is a Demi-God so acting as a hero for humans is already impossible for her in the first place."

Flashback End

"I won’t deny all of that. But the Devils, and the Underworld is changing as well." Azazel's expression becomes stern.

"But forcing Cao Cao to become a hero, huh. Was I also doing the same to these youngsters?"

Rias then asks Azazel.

“What is Sakra trying to do? The God of war who let Cao Cao loose, who taunted Hades indirectly, and who brought chaos to each faction. Azazel, did you ask about his true ambition?”

“Yeah, that guy wants to create people who can oppose the God of destruction, Shiva. He believes that wars will give birth to strong people. Though I don’t know how much of that is the truth…… It seems like he would do anything in order to win against Shiva."

A communication-type magic-circle appears next to Azazel's ear. The fallen couldn't believe his own ears at the information he is getting.

“Grendel……and Lucifugus……? Grendel!? Shouldn't that guy have already been eliminated!? And the Khaos Brigade? And Euclid Lucifugus. I have browsed through a bit of data about him before. The rebellion that happened between the Devils in the past, the internal conflict between the old government and the anti- government which has Sirzechs as their ace. Grayfia’s real brother's living or dead status became unknown during that time. That is Euclid Lucifugus. Officially, he’s said to be dead, and I have heard that Grayfia said that she doesn’t think her brother is alive."

Azazel hits his knee to release the ill feelings that he is carrying.

"Euclid Lucifugus happens to be alive, and is he the one leading Khaos Brigade? No, even if he has the strength to do so, there is something missing from him which would allow him to become the head of those crazy bastards. That is charisma.Even if you aren’t as famous as Ophis, they still need a person who deserves the place of being a Boss. So who is the mastermind behind these events?"

Azazel then turns to Rias and Kiba to discuss what he learned.

“Rias, Kiba looks like something troublesome is going to happen.”

While driving through the mists, the trio start their discussion about what happened in Japan, and how they will be coping with it for now.

- End of Chapter -