Chapter 140: Impressions

"Here, Ophis-san. I prepared these tea cakes. Have some."

Archaea placed the tray on the table. Ophis munched on the snack and nodded faintly at the woman. Archaea eventually left to settle some tasks together with Sebastian

"Shit. What's with this scene? I can't focus at all!" Issei whispered to Erin as he stole a glance at the dragon.

The ORC were currently gathered in the living room and had their study session. It was weekend morning but the group decided to catch up on their tests.

"Let's just try to ignore her." replied Erin in a tired tone as she met Ophis' gaze. The dragon was living up to her interest of looking at the Goddess. She focused her stare at the girl while eating the tea cakes

The rest of the members also tried to ignore Ophis but from time to time, they would steal a glance at her

"Where are the girls from Vali's team, anyway?"

"Kuroka and Le Fay are playing at the indoor swimming pool. They brought Fenrir and he joined them." replied Erin to Issei. "It looks like they managed to get along with Fenrir."

"Since they are keeping their presence hidden, isn't it best if they avoid straying outside, Lady Erin? They might encounter individuals from the 3 Factions."

"I already told them. Le Fay agreed to it but I doubt Kuroka would listen that easily." Erin sighed faintly. "She has a playful attitude. It seems she will go outside if she wanted to."

"Putting the weird atmosphere aside, I don't smell any hostility and fighting spirit from them. Tsubaki mused. "Ophis is just literally sitting there."

"Maybe we should be glad that we aren't doomed... yet." Issei laughed uneasily. "Argh! Let's just concentrate on our studies, Erin."

Rias arrived and she held a practice questionnaire for the Promotion Test. Ravel followed and sat next to Rias

"Okay. Kiba, Akeno, Issei, and Erin. For your 1st question, write down the names of the 72 devil clans and pillars. What are the rules we need to obey while living in the Pillars? And write down the clans or houses who survived to this present day."

The 4 focused on their answers and wrote it on their paper

"Are you all right, Koneko?" Gasper asked Koneko who was studying the Mid-semester test with him

"I'm alright, Gasper." Koneko smiled faintly in response. Her face was a bit red and it appears that she is still on her heat

After learning of her present condition, Koneko didn't appear much and preferred to stay in her room. She is fighting hard against her instinct so she also made an effort to avoid Erin at all costs. She was saddened at this but she strived hard on surviving her heat

"Okay. Times up. For the next question, mention the different ways on treating your familiar depending on whether it is a Youkai or a creature." Rias continued. "And for the 3rd one, state the political differences between the Old-Maou faction and Current Maou-faction."

"I don't have my familiar so I can't answer the 2nd question." Issei whined. "I'll just skip that one."

"It seems like Erin-sama and Issei-san will be able to answer questions regarding those people who appeared in the legends because your group have met some of them. Underworld Economics and Folkloristics would be the topic they need to focus on." Ravel commented who was beside Rias.

"Yes. There are a lot of differences between values humans and devils have so those subjects will be quite difficult for people who have been reincarnated into devils."

"Any pointers you can give us in that aspect?" Erin curiously asked.

"When answering those questions, it would be better by applying a thinking of 'the devils would do it like this.' " answered Ravel to the Goddess.

"Or better yet, we can just cheat and write our answers on our arms or something. Issei said with a silly smile and was immediately reprimanded by Asia

"Hmm. That makes sense. I mean, their  personality changes depending from which house they are in so there are different values on different houses." spoke Erin in response to Ravel's suggestion.

"For instance, the Gremory clan has strong love so there aren't any unfair rules towards the people living there."

"Yes. Most marks for the test will be about that." nodded Rias. "After all, reincarnated devils are going to join the world of devils, so not knowing the distinct houses' culture won't allow them to get a promotion."

From the corner, Asia suddenly went up and disappeared towards the kitchen. She came back with a tray filled with green tea and made her way to Ophis.

"U-Um.. maybe eating just tea cakes might not be good, so here is some tea."

The group stared at Asia in shock. Ophis accepted the cup silently and drank the green tea.

"Y-You sure are brave, Asia." Issei whispered once Asia joined them back

"I thought that she might not be someone so scary." replied Asia with a smile. "Even last night, Irina-san invited her to play cards with her."

"Hah?!"

The rest stared at Irina who only held a peace sign with a smile full of confidence

"Wow. With a personality like that, Irina can communicate with any kind of person." spoke Erin in amazement

"Michael-sama might have made Irina into his Ace because of her personality." Xenovia remarked. "Because of this, she will fit the role of the representative of the angels more significantly."

"Ophis.. she's quite different from the Uroboros that is told in the legend." Kiba said as he gazed at the dragon. Akeno agreed at the words.

"She definitely has a different impression from the dragon that represents chaos, infinity, and nothingness."

"Looking at her like this, she doesn't seem like a being that is called God of Dragons. Maybe she changed because she stayed in this world for too long." shrugged Kiba and the group went back to studying.

- End of Chapter -