Chapter 194: Another Traitor?!

When evening came, the Occult Research Club, and the Student Council members gathered in the old school building at Kuoh.

“The repair of the damage done to the school will commence now. All students have been sent home. Regarding the ones who attacked this school, the staff from the Three Great Powers who are working in this territory are searching for them now.” spoke Shinra as she gave her report to everyone. Sona followed aferwards to give her report.

"The device that Azazel left behind which can control the memories of the students came in handy. The memories of the students who have been attacked by the magicians have been changed into the fact that “trespassers came onto the campus, and the school has been suspended temporarily”.

"I also erased the memories of some 1st years who were on the new school building." Erin announced. "They would have zero ideas on what happened and have no recollections of trespassers or the magicians."

"Thank you for that." replied Sona with a small nod.

"By the way, I tried to tell Kuroka and Le Fay about this case……but I couldn’t contact them. I thought I should inform them about Koneko-chan who was abducted, but the one who answered the personal communication magic-circle in our house was Ophis-chan.." Akeno said to Erin. "According to Ophis-chan, Kuroka and Le Fay returned after being called by Vali.”

"Called by Vali?... Did the Vali team got assaulted as well?" mused Erin

Xenovia voiced her suspicion to Sona

“So are the “Stray Magicians” who are targeting those related to the Phenex connected to the Khaos Brigade?"

"It must be." replied Sona.

"Yeah, I also think the same." agreed Irina

“What do you think, Rossweisse-san?” Issei asked.

“Yes, judging from the analysis of the traces of magic—”

Rossweisse is interrupted when the ring tone of a mobile phone echoes within the room. She answers the phone by making a cough.

“Cough, I’m sorry. Hello…… O,Oba-chan! Whatz wrong? Did something happen?”

The rest of the members shared a look

"Her G-Granny?" Saji mumbled.

"Also, it seems like her words have some accent in it…… That wasn’t just my ears.. and Rossweisse-san continues to speak in countryside dialect." Issei remarked

“Ya, me in important meeting now. Wha? Job? No worry, me, doing well. Oba-chan no need to worry, ya know?”

The meeting has been halted because of Rossweisse's dialect, and it became a situation where everyone has shock in their eyes.

"Miss Rossweisse is a cool beauty who seems to match well with the city, but now she’s speaking in a countryside dialect." Azusa commented. "That's why, this is quite shocking."

“Boss of me place me work now, she is important person, and ya know me salary is better than me earlier job ya? So, me can send me money over there, ya know. No prob, no prob! Nothin' is in the countryside, ya? Buy somethin' with the money me send ya, and if ya doing well, me is happy with that, ya know?”

Asia explained to Erissei who had their eyes wide.

“I heard this a while ago, but it seems like Rossweisse-san is sending her money back to her homeland and……”

“I heard her homeland is a place where there is nothing. Since her grandmother is living there alone, it seems like she is sending the money she earned from her job as a Devil.” added Xenovia

Irina also explained based on what she learned.

“Since her parents are warriors who serve the Norse Gods, they rarely come home, so she told me that she was mostly raised by her grandmother. That’s why she is a granny’s girl. Her dream is to build a discount store in her homeland which has every good imaginable.”

"Seriously? It’s my first time hearing about this. That’s why she is so attached to money!" Issei replied.

"So this is also the reason why she is fixated with 100-yen items." Erin made a face of realization.

"I honestly thought that Rossweisse is just a cheapskate who doesn't want to spend on anything grand." Issei made a sheepish smile. "But now we know her story."

Rossweisse who has finished talking on the phone coughs.

“I’m sorry. I never thought I would suddenly receive a call from home.. Also, I asked my grandmother, who was a magic user, about a spell which could break through powerful security……and she gave me quite a severe opinion. I did think that it is a possibility as well……”

“What would that be?” Erin asks the woman and Sona answers instead.

"A traitor..”

Sona begins explaining the possibilities on how the Strays could have entered.

“There is a powerful barrier within the whole town while having this school as the focal point, and it’s made that anyone can be notified if someone suspicious steps foot in this area. There is a factor where it is hard to find them if they enter by hiding themselves, but it will be restricted by the few possible ways of coming inside here."

"Now, for the methods on how they can infiltrate the barrier. First is to enter by force. This is possible for those with strong enough powers. But this method of entering will give them away immediately, so that's not what happened in this incident.”

Sona adjusts her glasses before continuing.

“The second method is a case where the person who lives in this town or one of the staff leaves the barrier and gets captured, which led to them being forced to let the Strays in. Regarding this method, we didn’t get any response and reports from the civilians, the students, and staff being abducted. If that’s the case, it could only mean that a traitor became the middle person to allow the enemies to enter the school.”

“Is such a thing possible?” Akeno asks.
Sona narrows her eyebrows and speaks sternly.

“It will be possible if it’s the core members who can pass the barrier without a problem. In other words, only the core members from the Gremory group, Irina-san, Ravel-san, we the Sitri-group, and Azazel are the ones that can arrange such a large scale assault.”

“Are you saying there is a traitor among us!?” Erin said in disbelief. Sona who heard Erin's words, puts on a gentle expression.

“I also don’t believe there is a traitor. But the culprit is someone we can’t let our guard down against. We also don’t know whether their target is Ravel Phenex-san. Though, we are not so naive that we will let this go through. Now, about Toujou-san and the other two who were taken away--

“Kaichou!”

The Bishop Kusaka-san appears while interrupting Sona. She begins to give an announcement while feeling nervous.

“We have received contact from those who abducted the first years of the Occult Research Club.”

- End of Chapter -