Chapter 172: Darkness and Light

- Long chap ✏ -
____________________________________

Akeno, Irina, and Xenovia are currently taking on Jeanne. Intense holy-lighting and sacred aura are exploding near the tall buildings.

Georg smiles as he observes the girls' fight and the fallen Heracles.

"Strong. So this is the power of the current young Devils. Sairaorg of the
Bael, and the Gremory group lead by Rias Gremory. I met with you guys a few days ago, but I never expected that you guys would have become even stronger..... At this rate, the vampire and nekomata over there probably also have more power than our data says."

Gasper turns blue after being looked at by Georg.

"Gasper, what's wrong?"

Rias seems suspicious by the weird tension of the vampire. Gasper's
expression begins to break down and he eventually starts shedding tears.

"What happened to Gasper-kun?"

"I'm sorry everyone! I.....I.....! I couldn't get stronger......even though I went to the Grigori institute!"

Everyone gets shocked by Gasper's confession. He then speaks while
crying.

"I wanted to get stronger......so I could help everyone! ......I was told that I
can't get any stronger than this by the people at Grigori......"

"The late Blue Empress won't be happy after seeing her kouhai in a pathetic condition like this."

Gasper immediately looked up and he held a surprised face at Georg's words

"......The late.....Blue Empress?"

He looks around and settles his gaze on the ORC members

".......Where is Erin-senpai....? Isn't Erin-senpai not here because she went to stop the gigantic monster......?"

Rias tries to tell the truth but Sairaorg looks at her and shakes his head. Rias understood what Sairaorg is implying so she purposely shut her mouth and hid the truth. Georg didn't realise the reaction of the two Kings, so he begins talking to Gasper while smirking.

"I see. So you still don't know about it. The Blue Empress died fighting against the Old-Maou faction...... No, there is no point in making up excuses now I guess. She died fighting against us, the Khaos Brigade. Most likely from receiving the poison of Samael who is said to be the ultimate dragon-slayer."

Georg shrugs his shoulders

"Well, we weren't there to witness it so we don't have an accurate account, but if the Blue Empress died then that must be the reason."

"The hero-faction still doesn't know that Erin's soul is wandering around the Dimensional gap." whispered Kiba to Issei. "I guess that would be expected. After all, dragons would normally die after receiving the poison of Samael, just like what Azazel told us."

"But why is Buchou purposely hiding the truth to Gasper?"

Kiba thought for a moment until he reached a conclusion

" Are they perhaps trying to awaken
Gasper-kun's......"

Georg continues talking. The more Gasper listens to him, the more his
expression is changing to that of a dead person.

"You don't have to worry about it. Even that Ophis and White Emperor Vali were defeated by Samael. So even the Blue Empress won't be able to survive against that curse." added Georg with a chuckle

".....Erin-senpai......died.......?"

A single tear is shed from Gasper's eye. His whole body begins to shake, and his eyes begin to get shady. His thoughts are filled with despair after hearing that the senpai whom he admired was killed. He then looks down and becomes silent.