Chapter 223: Trihexa

The darkness field start to disappear. Azazel rushes to Valerie’s aid as soon as Marius and the other Vampires died, and he activates a magic-circle to check her condition.

“There is something which is bugging me......” Azazel eventually stops checking Valerie. “I see... looks like I can answer my suspicions.”

“What do you mean?” asks Rias.

“It seems like this girl’s Holy Grail was a sub-species from the beginning. Another Holy Grail exists when there was originally supposed to be only one. So there is another Holy Grail inside this girl."

"Are you're saying that there are 2 Holy Grails?" Erin said in surprise. The rest of the ORC were also surprised.

"Yes. Earlier, I find the extraction of the Holy Grail unusual. Even though it was an extraction for a Longinus, it was too quiet. In my research, I have come to the hypothesis that an extraction of Longinus would be flashier.”

“But, I thought there can’t be more than two of the same Longinus?” Akeno asks.

“Yeah, that’s right. So this is my theory. I think it is a sub-species where the two of them are considered as one. Since nothing like this happened before, I need to check more thoroughly."

Azazel glances at Valerie.

"Anyway, she hasn’t died. After all, the remaining one miraculously remained in her body. So she will return to her original state if we return back what was stolen. Seriously, I can’t come to understand the Longinus possessors at all.”

Everyone makes a sigh of relief.

“I’m so glad… So Valerie didn't die!" Asia shed tears of joy.

“Bring that Holy Grail to me.”

Azazel begins the spell to put back the Holy Grail into Valerie that was stolen by Marius.

While waiting for Azazel to finish the spell, Rias looks at Gasper who has changed into a black beast.

“You are not Gasper, are you...?”

"Yes. I am Gasper. Except, I can say that I am Gasper, but not Gasper. What possessed this boy when he was in his mother’s womb is a fraction of Balor’s consciousness that has been broken."

Hearing that, Azazel changes his calm expression due to the shock.

“Balor!? You are telling me you are the Evil God Balor from the Irish mythology!?”

“Azazel, is there a relation between Gasper’s Sacred Gear and that God?” Erin asks.

“Balor is the most famous God to have the evil eyes. He’s also famous to be the God who controlled Crom Cruach. I hear that the Sacred Gear was named as “Forbidden Balor View” as a reference to him... But, I can’t believe that the actual Balor is actually residing in it!" Azazel answers in excitement.

"I’m a fraction of Balor’s consciousness. I already lost my divinity and only my power of evil remained. The actual Balor was killed by the God Lugh after all. I am Balor but not Balor. I am “Gasper Vladi”. Sacred Gears sure are interesting things. They can possess anything from legendary Dragons and monsters to even the power of an Evil God."

Xenovia and Irina approach Gasper timidly.

“A-Are you really Gasper?”

“You kinda became bigger……so I was scared.”

Gasper doesn’t show any response to the two girls’ goofiness and walks towards Valerie. His hand changed back to normal and he pats Valerie’s cheek.