Chapter 187: Mephisto

- Long chap- ✏
_____________________________________

The next day, the ORC gathered in the clubroom to discuss about the Magician pacts.

"From today, we will be entering the time where we will start the work that we have been talking about, the pact with the ‘magicians’. Like what Archaea mentioned previously, there are varied reasons why they make a pact. The reasons why they make a pact with devils can be narrowed down to three."

Rias made a sign with her fingers

"One is to use them as their bodyguard. When the time comes, having a powerful Devil behind their back will allow them to talk with opponents if they are caught up in a quarrel.”

“They sound like a yakuza.”

When Erin says that, Rias answers by saying “I agree” while smiling.

Rias then put two fingers up.

“Secondly, they make a pact because they want to attain techniques and knowledge of Devils. To make it clear, the technique standards of the Underworld. These things will play a big role when magicians do their research since they can freely visit the Underworld because of the pact."

Rias then puts her third finger up.

“Lastly. It’s simple. They make a pact with a Devil for their own status. Making a pact with a powerful Devil will be a big fortune for them. My Otou-sama and Okaa-sama, also have a pact with a magician you know? If something happens, they will respond to being summoned to hear their words. For a High-class Devil and their servants, that is one of their duties."

Xenovia tilts her head with a complicated expression.

“Life sure is interesting, I never thought I would be summoned by a magician.”

"Yes, you're right." replied Rias with a chuckle. She then turned serious as she faced the group members.

"You also have to take note that you won’t be able to break off a pact that easily once you make one. That is the reason why I want all of you to take importance with this pact. Also, choose the best trading partner there is. If you guys make a pact with someone with low calibre then people will question our quality."

The members nod their head at Rias' words

"I hope I can get a beautiful witch-sama if possible! Hehehe." Issei said which earned her a pinch on the thigh by Asia.

Rias looks up at the clock in the room.

“It’s about time. Everyone, the person standing at the top of the current magician association will be contacting us through the magic-circle. So behave well.”

Koneko who is sitting on Erin's lap gets off and sits next to her. Once all of the members sat on the sofa in a well mannered way, a huge magic-circle appears on the floor of the room.

The holographic image of a middle aged man sitting elegantly on a chair appears in front of the ORC. He has his mixture of red and blue hair held firmly with a gel. He has sharp, odd colored eyes where the right eye is red and the left eye is blue. He has a bit of a fierce look and his terrifying face then changes by making a smile.

"Oh Rias-chan. It’s been a while."

“It sure has been a while, Mephisto Pheles-sama.”

"Oh my, you sure are becoming beautiful just like your mother. Your grandmother and great-grandmother were all beautiful people."

After thanking the man, Rias introduces him to the members.

“Everyone, this person here is an Extra Demon, and also the chairman of the magician association, Mephisto Pheles-sama.”