Chapter 38-Gotta Have Faith

1:12pm shows when I look at my alarm clock

1:12pm shows when I look at my alarm clock. I've been laying in bed since I woke up this morning. I don't want to get up. I don't know it's like I don't have the energy or the motivation to get myself out of bed. Maybe because it's Sunday and that's considered a lazy day. Or, it's maybe because it's gloomy outside today. Or maybe it's because of all the stuff that happened last night, and it sucked out all my energy.

Mom came in to check on me few times but I ignored her, I'm mad at her. I'm mad because she never told me about what Davis did about giving her the money to get an abortion and that she basically had her whole life planned out with him.

And it sucks that I had to find out from Kain of all people.

My phone dings on my nightstand, I pull it off the charger and read the text message, it's from Ayla.

Ayla has been texting me non-stop since this morning. She's texted me a total of nine times, all which I have ignored. Nothing against her, it's just I don't want to talk to anyone right now, I just want to be alone.

I turn my phone off, hook it back up to the charger and put it on my nightstand. I smash my head on my pillow and pull the blankets over my head.

I actually thought the party was going to be fun, well... that's what I thought anyway. I should of known walking into Kain's territory something was going to happen. I hate Kain even more now. I bet he set the whole thing up, from inviting me to the party to the 'Spin the Bottle' game. It was all part of his game.

I'm tired of it, I don't want to be part of his game anymore. I'm ready to pull the plug on the whole thing. I don't want to be anywhere near Kain. Even if that involves me quitting the team.

But, am I going to let Kain ruin my time on the team? Or can I put my hatred for him to the side to finish the season? I know if I stay on the team I'll be miserable and if I quit the team I'll be miserable.

I don't know what to do...

It sucks that one stupid comment from Kain has this much effect on me.

I hear my bedroom door open but I keep the blanket over my head then I feel the bed dip down. Mom tries to pull down the blanket but I tighten my grip. "Scott, honey, what's wrong?" Mom asks in a gentle tone. I don't say anything. "Scott." Mom pushes again.

"Leave me alone." I say from under my blanket.

Mom sighs. "Scottlan Joseph don't talk to me like that, please." Mom says in a stern voice.

"Sorry." I mumble. Even though I'm mad, I still have to use my manners.

It goes quiet for a while then Mom makes a small chuckle and nudges me. "Did I ever tell you about this one time when I was about your age when I accidentally stole some candy," I keep quiet. Mom continues. "When I got home and realized what I did, I felt so bad. I don't steal, my parents always taught me to never steal, no matter how bad I wanted something. I knew how disappointed they would be when I told them so I kept it a secret for three days. It felt like a weight was added on my shoulders with every minute that passed. After the three days had passed, I walked up to both my parents, took out the candy, that I stole and told them the whole story. The second I started confessing, that heaviness started to lift. By the end of the story, I felt light as a feather,"