Chapter 29- It went in?

As soon as the puck hits the ice, Kain knocks me out of the way, takes the puck all the way down my side of the ice and shoots the puck

As soon as the puck hits the ice, Kain knocks me out of the way, takes the puck all the way down my side of the ice and shoots the puck. The puck hits the back of the net and everyone cheers.

It all happened before I could even get back up on my feet.

I watch the scoreboard and see the zero turn into a one. Kain takes the lead. The first one to five, wins.

I stand up as Kain skates back to the face-off circle. He has a devilish smirk on his face, he skates around me then stands about three feet in front of me.

It's alright, I'll give him that one. We just started playing, it's still early. I'm not going to give up just yet.

The ref skates to us, stands to my left and Kain's right. Me and Kain bend our knees and lean over, putting our support on our hockey sticks.

"That's one..." Kain says with a smug smirk.

"It's still early." I voice back.

"You're right. I'm just getting warmed up." Kain says.

The ref drops the puck, this time I put up a fight for the puck.

Kain ends up winning, he takes off towards my net. I chase after him, I catch up to him and try to steal the puck away from him but he sticks his arm out and pushes me away. He uses his right hand and shoots the puck in the net, making the score 2-0, for Kain.

The ref drops the puck, I manage to beat Kain. I push the puck between his legs, move around him and skate as fast as I can towards Kain's net.

I hear Kain skating behind me. He slashes me on my left leg. Remember I don't have any padding on, the hit makes me slow down a bit from the pain. Then Kain tries to lift my hockey stick but I swat his hockey stick away.

I take a wrist shot at the net, it swiftly flies through the air and hits the top right corner inside Kain's net.

The crowd goes crazy. I throw my hands in the air and look around in the crowd.

I don't want to celebrate to much and jinx myself. I'm still down by one and I have a feeling that Kain's going to go harder than ever now that I'm on the board.

I skate to the face-off circle, Kain is already waiting there, I skate around him and stand firmly in front of him.

"Enjoy the celebration while it lasts cause you won't fucking score again." Kain says.

After going back and forth, Kain's end of the ice then to my end of the ice and Kain sneaking in some cheap shots. I don't understand the point of the refs being here if they're not going to call anything.

The score is now, 4-4.

After I scored my first goal, Kain came back with two more goals, making the score 4-1, for him. I thought for sure that this game was over but I continued to fight and I somehow managed to score three goals back to back.