Chapter 35- Scooby Doo

"T minus five hours until game time, boys

"T minus five hours until game time, boys." Grey says looking at each of us.

"I'm so ready to play an actual game." Luke exaggerates.

We're sitting around our usual picnic table after school waiting for most of the people to leave. I'm standing at the head of the table with my hands flat on the table top. I look to my left, a group of girls walk by, all smiling and waving at me. I roll my eyes and turn back to the boys, Boo's staring at me with a mad expression plastered on his face.

I shake my head at Boo. "Boo, what the fuck is wrong with you?" I say.

Boo doesn't say anything for a while. Finally he speaks but what he says makes me annoyed as fuck. "You know Ember's not going like that you were flirting with other girls."

I scoff. "So? I don't fucking care. We're not together, you fucking know that dumbass. I can do whatever the hell I want." I say stating the facts.

Boo opens his mouth to respond but he closes his mouth and just nods his head.

Luke looks at his watch then sighs. "All right, fellas I'm gonna head home," Luke stands up. "So who's riding with me to the arena?" Grey and Myles raise their hands. Luke nods then turns to walk away but whips around back to us. "Oh. And don't forget, boys, suits and ties." He clicks his tongue with a wink.

Luke wiggles his eyes in a playful manner. Luke loves to get all dressed up and all that shit. But me? Yeah, fuck no, not so much. I mean, when I have to dress up I will but not without a lot of complaining and swearing.

I open the door to my bedroom then close it behind me. I connect my phone to the charger, strip down to only my boxers, pull the blankets back and jump into bed.

"Kain, go upstairs honey!," Mom yells at me but my little legs won't move. "Kain! Go upstairs!" Mom literally cries out.

"I- I can't!" My little nine year old voice yells back.

I'm standing in the foyer, I hear a knock on the front door to my left. I open the door and a bright light washes over me then I open my eyes. I blink a few times then sit up. I'm in my bedroom. It was another fucking nightmares. I look behind me, my pillow is all sweat.

A real knock sounds on the door and Mom's voice  travels from the other side of the door. It was Mom's knock that I heard in my dream. "Kain, honey, it's time for you to get up." Mom says.

I pull my knees up, rest my elbows on my knees and run my hand through my hair. "Yeah. All right, I'm up." I respond back.

Just then my phone alarm goes off. I move so I'm sitting at the edge of my bed. I grab my phone, shut the alarm off then I stand up and face my bed. There's an outline of my upper body in sweat on my sheets, I cover it by throwing my blanket over it.

I pull up Boo's contact then I text him. I tell him that I'll pick him up at six on the dot. He replies back almost instantly with a smiley emoji. I toss my phone on the bed and walk to my closet.