Chapter 78- For Us

"Do you guys want to do anything other than playing video games?" I ask at the threshold of Weston's bedroom

Both Ardyn and Weston are sitting in front of Weston's TV engulfed in some boring stupid video game.

"What do you mean? We played ping pong a few hours ago, remember?" Ardyn says without looking at me. He ducks out of the way, like the game's going to pop out of the TV and get him.

"Ardyn, that was almost six hours ago." I correct him.

"Oh, my bad." Ardyn says back.

"Scott, pull up a seat and watch me absolutely destroy Ardyn at COD." Weston signals me over.

I walk in the room and sit down at the foot of Weston's bed. I watch them game but I can't get into it. I'm not a big fan of video games. I don't know why, it doesn't excite me. I'm more of a book or outdoor person.

I sit and watch them but I sit here any longer, I let out a sigh. "Come on, guys. Let's go do something else. I'm bored. Plus, you guys should give your eyes a break. You've been staring at that screen for, like, over six hours."

"We are gonna do something else. We're waiting for Kroy and Jerek to get here." Ardyn tells me.

I'm a bit surprised to hear that. "Jerek and Kroy? Since when do you hang out with them?" I question.

"I don't know. Since you introduced us all. They're actually pretty cool." Ardyn says, again not turning to look at me.

I knew they were friends after I introduced them but I didn't think they hung out. I'm not mad about it, I'm just surprised I didn't know sooner. Last I knew, they all hung out at school together.

Just then the twins walk in Weston's bedroom

Weston turns his head from the TV, "Hey, speaking of the twin devils. There they are. What's up, boys."

Jerek and Kroy go around and give each of us bro hugs then they sit on either side of me.

"So, what are you guys doing?" I ask them.

Weston shuts off the gaming system and turns off the TV. Him and Ardyn put down their gaming console and turn around, facing us in their swivel seats.

"I think we all agreed to go play pond hockey on Center Lake, right?" Ardyn says, picking up a bag of potato chips, digging his hand in the bag and shoving the handful of chips into his mouth.

"Not-uh. That was the original plan. Remember, we changed it. Now, we're going to the hill and going sledding." Weston jumps in and corrects Ardyn.

"Oh, you're right. My bad." Ardyn nods his head.

"Scott, you wanna come with?" Kroy asks me.

I shake my head. "Uh,... no thanks. I told Hazyl that I'd go hang out with her today." I tell them but that isn't the truth.