Chapter 32- Good Old Movies

Monday morning my alarm goes off at 7:30

Monday morning my alarm goes off at 7:30. I reach over and hit the snooze button. I sit up and rub my eyes then I just sit here, in the silence. The sun outside poking through my blinds, making my room semi bright.

I still can't believe I actually beat Kain. Me. Scott Banks beat the ranked number two in the country, at 1v1.

Damn...

It's definitely going to take a while for it to sink in. I hope he follows up on our deal and leaves me alone.

My eye is still pretty bruised, from Grey punching me. It's so sore but the swelling went down a lot. My lip where the metal cage from my helmet hit is sore too but all in all, I'm fine.

I climb out of bed and walk in my en-suite bathroom. I take a quick shower then brush my teeth, style my hair then I walk to my closet and pick out an outfit.

After I get dressed, I walk back to my bathroom, put some cologne on and take one last look in the mirror

Most parents would Insist on taking the master bedroom but not my Mom. She let me have the master and she have the smaller room. She said something about me having my own space. I don't know but I'm not complaining.

Mom's standing by the stove, fully dressed when I walk in the kitchen. I take a seat in the stool on the other side of the counter in front of her.

We greet each other with a smile. Mom's fades when she sees my bruised eye. She kind of has a frown on her face then she shakes her head and sighs. She looks down at the eggs sizzling in the pan.

There's already a plate, fork, knife and a empty glass cup on the counter when I sat down.

She still has the frown or angry look on her face.

"What?" I mutter in a low voice.

Mom looks up at me then back down and moves the scrambled eggs around the pan.

She stops and looks back at me. "Are you sure that you don't want to press charges on the boys that did that to you?"

I sigh and sit back in the stool. "Mom, we already talked about this. It was just a prank. B- boys being boys." I say trying to defuse the situation.