Chapter 94- Wanted You To Be My Dad

"Scott, when do you and the team start practicing again?" Kroy asks while he scrolls on his phone

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Scott, when do you and the team start practicing again?" Kroy asks while he scrolls on his phone.

"Uh,... The day we go back to school." I answer Kroy's question. Kroy just nods his head in response then he goes back to scrolling on his phone.

Me, the twins and Ardyn are over at Weston's house hanging out. Jerek and Weston are playing 'Call Of Duty', Kroy's playing on his phone, Ardyn's downstairs raiding Weston's food pantry and I'm currently trying to find something good to watch on TV but I'm failing miserably. I don't watch much TV these days, so I'm not that interested in anything right now.

I stop flipping through the channels when I hear Kroy say my name. "Hey, Scott, did you know that you hit 500 followers on Instagram?" Before I can say anything back, he holds up his index finger to stop me. "I guarantee you didn't know that since you're never on social media." Kroy smirks at me.

He's right, I am never on social media. I actually remember the last time I checked or was on Instagram, it was in September, I was sitting in my Toyota Corolla in front of the DCA, before I headed in to go do my practice. Jeez, that seems so long ago. I mean it was a long time ago, I'd say I've come a long way since then. Honestly, everything felt so much easier back then.

Back when it was just Ayla and me, before she started getting involved with Kain and his bunch. Before I met Hazyl and Ember and screwed up my chances with either of them. I wouldn't say I want to go back to that time but I would say I'd want to so I can definitely do things differently.

"That's cool, but I really don't care." I answer Kroy back, not taking my eyes off the TV screen and continue looking through TV channels.

The room gets relatively quiet, despite Weston and Jerek pushing the buttons on the controller and the video game sound effects. "Ember follows you." Kroy says with shock. "But Hazyl doesn't. Didn't she used to?" Kroy sits up in his chair, looking at me intrigued.

I scratch the back of my head and blow out a raspberry. "Yeah, she used to. I'm guessing she unfollowed me after we broke up." I say then toss the remote to the other side of the couch, give up trying to find something to watch. I'm just not a TV person.

"What happened between you two anyway?" Another voice enters the conversation. Kroy and I both turn our heads and see Ardyn walking into the room and he plops down on the couch next to me.

I never told them what happened between Hazyl and me. It's not that I don't want them to know, it's just... I'm kind of embarrassed about it, because I broke up with Hazyl to be with Ember, and it didn't work out with me and Ember. It makes me look like an idiot and I don't need to feel worse about myself. Not that they would make me feel worse, I'm just saying, I don't want to relive that part of my life and feel terrible about it all over again, not when I just got over it.

"Um, w- we just didn't mix well together. You know, we didn't have much in common, we were the complete opposite. We kept butting heads. We both agreed to just be friends." I make up a lie.