Chapter 18- I Have To Go

After school I go back home to pick up an extra set of clothes

I pull in the driveway and look around.

Both of my parents cars are gone, good, I don't think I could handle them right now.

I park by the front steps, I get out of my car, walk to the front door and walk in.

I go straight up to my room, walk in my walk-in closet and choose an outfit for tomorrow. I grab my duffle bag from the bottom shelf and put my clothes in there.

I walk out of my closet, throw my duffle bag on my bed and sit down on the edge of the bed

I look around my bedroom. I hate this room. I hate this house. I hate living in this house. The second I turn eighteen, I'm moving the fuck out. Well technically, I would already be moving out because I'll going to college. But after, when I- or if I decide to come back to Dalton, I'm never living here again. Or stepping in this house ever again.

There's a lot of bad mem- *Thud* What was that? *Thud* What the fuck was that noise?

I'm for sure the only one in this house so if I didn't make any noise then who the fuck did?

I get off my bed, grab my duffle bag, walk out of my bedroom and check the halls and rooms up here. I check the whole upstairs for anything or anyone but nothing.

I walk down the stairs and walk to the kitchen. Mom's standing at the island going through a box.

I release the breath that I was apparently holding.

Mom sees me and almost drops the box. "Oh! Jeez, Kain. You scared the crap out of me." Mom says, putting her hand over her chest.

I scoff. "Yeah well that makes two of us." I walk to the island, opposite mom, I stand by the stool and put my bag on top of the island counter.

Mom looks at my bag then at me. Her brows are pull together. "What's with the bag?"

I sigh and shrug. "Dad told me to get out so I am." I say exasperated.