Chapter 58- A Spy Or A Ninja

"I still can't believe that he's got you skipping school, Ayla

"I still can't believe that he's got you skipping school, Ayla." I say to her while we walk to her locker. 

"Scott, talk to me when you get your spider-man bed sheets off your bed, okay?" Ayla retaliates then she opens her locker.

"Woah, hey, easy. You know that the only reason I have them on my bed right now is because when I was doing my laundry, they got stuck and ripped in half. I didn't have any better sheets so I had to use the one I used when I was a kid. And just so you know, they'll be off my bed by tonight." I point a fake stern finger at Ayla.

Ayla laughs, grabs her bag and whatever else she needs then she shuts her locker door. We start walking up the hallway, the hall is littered with people. Since it's Friday and school's over, the people around here act a bit crazy.

"Hey, what are you doing later?" Ayla asks.

I shake my head and sigh. "Uh, probably nothing. Why?"

"Wanna come to the mall with me?" Ayla asks with a small hint of excitement.

"Maybe. Why do you need to go to the mall?" I look at her quizzically.

Ayla shrugs. "I don't know. I was thinking of getting me some new clothes."

"Why? What's wrong with the clothes you have now?" I say confused.

Ayla doesn't look at me, she just keeps her focus ahead of us. "N- nothing. I guess, I'm just getting tired of them. I need... something new."

Ayla and I walk outside to and go to the bus stop, where Ayla gets on the bus.

"Does this have anything to do with Kain? Ayla, you don't have to change, you know. If he really likes you then he wouldn't try to change you." I say acting like a protective older brother.

Ayla rolls her eyes. "No, Scott. This has nothing to do with him. I- I'm doing this for myself." Ayla states.

I nod but I'm not totally convinced. Just then Kain comes up to us, he hugs Ayla from behind and kisses her on the cheek. I look away so they can have a moment. I look around and see Ember and Hazyl walking together, they're just about to walk by us.

Hazyl turns her head and she sees me then she says something to Ember and skips over to me. I take a few steps away from Kain and Ayla and meet up with Hazyl. "Hey, you." I greet Hazyl with a small smile.

"Hey, handsome." Hazyl greets back with a flirty smile. "So, are we hanging out tonight?"

I glance back at Ayla, she's focused fully on Kain then I look back at Hazyl. "Uh..." I trail off.

"Come on! You've been pushing us hanging out long enough. Tonight is the night." Hazyl demands.

I think about it for a second. She's right, I have been pushing back us hanging out for a while. I guess, it couldn't hurt to at least hang out with her for a few hours.