Chapter 23- Make You A Deal

"Good morning, honey

"Good morning, honey." Mom greets me with a bright smile.

"Yeah." I mumble.

I walk up to Mom and kiss her on the cheek.

Moms standing in front of the stove, making breakfast.

Rounding the island and dropping my book bag on the floor by the bar stool, I sit on the stool. I lean back in the chair and pull out my phone and set it on the countertop in front of me.

Boo had this stupid fucking idea to make a group chat with me, him, Luke, Grey and Myles. now my damn phone won't stop fucking buzzing. It's been about two weeks since Boo made the group chat and I've left the chat eleven times but Boo keeps adding me back in.

The first night I swear my phone didn't stop buzzing until 5am.

I gave Boo a beat down the next day.

Mom snaps her fingers, to get my attention.

I look up from my phone, Mom is looking at me with an eyebrow raised.

I shut my phone off and slide it back in my pocket. "What?" I ask.

"I asked you if you slept good." Mom questions.

Her question makes me shrug my shoulders. "Uh, yeah. It was alright."

"Are you sure? You don't remember waking up or anything?" Mom asks with suspicion.

I think back but nothing pops up. "N- no? Why?"

"Well, I heard you yelling in your sleep last night. I got up to check on you, I walked in your room, you were thrashing in your bed. I went to wake you up, you got scared and backed away from me then you fell out of bed. I ran over to you and helped you up. You said you were fine and went right back into bed and went to sleep." Mom tells me.

"That would explain the bump on the back of my fucking head," I put my hand on the bump and rub it. It's still sore. "Yeah, no, I don't remember that."

"I thought you were doing good? Sleeping through the night? I thought the nightmares were gone? Well, this month, anyway, seemed like you were doing good at keeping the nightmares at bay." Mom says.

I sigh. "No," I shake my head. "You don't know how many times I've stayed up all night just so I won't get the nightmares. The last... maybe, two or three weeks I've stayed up eight times. But before that, I was sleeping like a rock."

I'm not going to tell her the reason why I was sleeping so good.

That night when I saw Ayla at Taco Bell and she left her sweater, I brought it home. I ended up sleeping with it, I slept through the whole night.

I slept with that damn thing for a week but then it started to smell like me so I'll have to give it back to her or I could keep it.

"I-" My phone vibrates in my pocket.