Chapter 66- Room Service

"Okay so, you packed everything you'll need, right?" Mom asks

"Yup." I say, popping the 'P' and zip my suitcase closed.

"Are you sure you have everything? Toothpaste? Uh, extra underwear?" Mom asks again.

I put my suitcase on the floor and look back at Mom. "Yes, Mom. I have everything. Don't worry, it's just for the weekend. I don't need to bring a lot with me." I tell her to reassure her.

Mom blows out a shaky breath then she walks around my bed and stands in front of me with a worried look on her face. "I know. It's just- I'm nervous. It's been such a long time since you spent the night somewheres else, not sleeping in your own bed. It's gonna be so quiet with you not under my roof for a few nights."

"I'll be fine, Mom. I'll be back before you know it." I say in a soft voice.

Mom looks up at me like she's fighting an internal battle inside herself about letting me go but deep down she knows that I have to. That eventually, I'll be ready to fly the coop, and be out in the world on my own. She nods her head in approval then she helps me put my suitcase, duffle bag and garment bag by the front door.

The garment bag has a couple of my game suits in it. Everyone on the team got one when we first joined the team. It makes it easier to carry our suits on trips like this. It makes it so our suits don't get wrinkled or damaged.

I sit on the barstool in the kitchen while Mom is making me a ham and cheese omelette. "Do you want me to make you some sandwiches for the road?" Mom asks with her back to me as she looks around in the pantry.

"Um, yeah, sure. I mean, if you don't mind." I say then I chug down the half empty glass of orange juice.

I finish my food, clear my spot and put the dirty plate and cup in the sink while Mom's making the sandwiches and putting them in baggies. I go back to the barstool, I was just sitting in a second ago and put my elbows on the countertop. "You know, Mom, I was thinking. If you get bored or lonely while I'm gone, you can always call up Nate. You know he'll be here in a flash." I smirk Because I know that's exactly what Mom's going to do.

Mom looks at me with an 'Ha, you're so funny' look and it causes me to laugh. They're so predicable. They sneak around like it's some big secret but everyone with eyes can clearly see that there is something going on between them. Personally, I just want them to get together so they can stop fighting it and just let themselves be happy with each other.

Seeing as Mom has chosen not to comment on what I said, I take that and start loading up my car.

I get my stuff out of my trunk. I put the strap of my duffle bag over my shoulder, sling the garment bag over my other shoulder and pull my suitcase behind me and walk towards the charter bus. The team has our own charter bus. Luke was telling me, that Lyle, mine and Kain's Grandfather, bought the school this charter bus as a way to thank the school for naming the arena after him.